Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-15-2001, 08:47 AM   #1
StarVid
Elminster

With regards of the chronic restarter thread, I want to follow through on this dualed cleric mage that I have, but I also want to play a wild mage. I'm becoming tempted to just kit my dual classed character into a wild mage using Shadowkeeper, but I'm totally against cheating. Is there a voice of reason out there?
Old 10-15-2001, 09:08 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I think that if this will get you to finish the game, then go for it! I don't see a problem with changing one class of a dualled character to a kit.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-15-2001, 09:16 AM   #3
Byronas

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
With regards of the chronic restarter thread, I want to follow through on this dualed cleric mage that I have, but I also want to play a wild mage. I'm becoming tempted to just kit my dual classed character into a wild mage using Shadowkeeper, but I'm totally against cheating. Is there a voice of reason out there?
And right you are my friend! Cheating makes the game easier but also ,by cheating, game looses its beauty.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-15-2001, 09:43 AM   #4
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

I personally don't like cheating.
I tried giving stuff, and experience
to my characters and I didn't felt
I earned it. I immediatly lost intrest
and deleted all my saves and started over
bound and determined to do all the quests
and make it through the game without cheating.
I don't have Shadowkeeper, and will never
get it. I'm really proud of my character and
all my accomplishments, and dammit I did it
on my own.
Old 10-15-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
Nifft the Nimble

In this restarter's opinion, GO FOR IT!

Changing into a wild mage isn't cheating... it's giving yourself a whole new bowl of trouble and fun! Changing your cleric/mage to a cleric/conjurer could be viewed as cheating, but wild mages are not really power gamer material.

-- Nifft
Old 10-15-2001, 10:18 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You might even revert yourself back into your old class... Wild Mages, are WILD. Ripping me off always...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Old 10-15-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
Caine
Elminster

NO NO NO
Dont listen to the guy that says you can cheat once.
Its like injecting heroin into you veins once.
Theres no such things as that,you will cheat more and more and more just dont cheat in the first place,have fun with the game discover everything you possibly can without cheating,and when your bored let it rip and start cheating.
Old 10-15-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i dont see it as cheating personally. its a game based on fantasy. i think that a person should be able to have WHATEVER type of character they want, so long as it isnt TOO powerfull. i only like a few of the classes and kits in the game, and doing something of that nature, just to add a little personal touch, i dont see as "CHEATING". why cant someone from one class, learn one or two abilities from another class. my sorceror has 19 inteligence. i want him to be able to find/remove and set traps. are you saying that a sorceror, or anyone for that matter with 19 intelligence, CANT learn something else? Elminster is a mage, but at one time was a warrior, a priestess, as well as a thief. he is also a psionic, with 266 psp's, and access to ALL attack and defense modes of psionics. with that said, i think i WILL give my sorceror those abilities, just for a personal flare. no, im not making him a god, and no im not "cheating". im simply allowing my character to try a few new skills, not learn everything from that class. he wont backstab, he wont hide in shadows, or pick locks, or anything like that. just find/remove, and set traps. i dont see that as too much personally.

COMMENTS? QUESTIONS?

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-15-2001, 02:02 PM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

If it's a choice between cheating a little (mage -> wild mage) vs. restarting the game, by all that is holy GO AND CHEAT!

I'd never give myself items or gold or stats or experience points... that makes the game feel like a waste of time.

In the end it's up to you. Decide what is essential to the game and never, never, never cheat on that. But everything else is valuable only in so far as it makes the game fun, and wild mages are very very fun!

-- Nifft
Old 10-15-2001, 03:21 PM   #10
StarVid
Elminster

thanks for all the tips. I've been talked out of cheating, I think I'm just going to take my pure mage from BG1 and just kit him into the wild mage in BG2, nevermind the cleric abilities. Frankly, I just want the wild mage, the cleric was to just help buff my character out, but who needs it.

On the other hand, I am tempted to shadowkeep imoen and up her a few levels as a thief...

just kidding.