Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Question Mark Do You Have A Cellphone (Mobile Phone)?

I've never had one, other than a crap one that used phone cards. What a shite deal that was. If you didn't use up your card minutes within a certain amount of time, they just took them.

Anyways, what with looking for a new job and driving all over town, I'm thinking it's time for me to get a real cellphone. But I don't want to pay some giant monthly fee right now cause I won't be using the phone THAT much.

So basically I'm curious as to what you guys out there have? Do you have a cellphone? If so, what's the carrier, the plan, and what do you pay? See, I just have no idea how to approach even getting one because I'm so completely ignorant!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Default Re: Do You Have A Cellphone (Mobile Phone)?

I use a motorola v220, it's older but reliable. Cingular is my provider, but I had better service with Verizon. My plan, texting is up there due to my wife and oldest daughter on the plan and texting is more convenient due to work/school. Rollover, free evenings and weekends, free cell to cell.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'm not the biggest fan of mobile phones, since we all got along fine without them for the most part a few years back. It seems that uninterrupted conversations are a thing of the past now - even chance meetings with people I know will inevitably be cut short as someone calls their phone for no other reason than to see "where they're at". Still, a necessity they can be, and I own one only because works demands it, although I turn it off when not working. T-mobile are good, nice reception and a strong network. I've tried Sprint, At&t and Verizon and found T-mobile to be the best of all these. Usually you get a free phone when you sign up and the overall basic plans aren't that expensive.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Samsung SGH-E760, this phone has just about every feature available on the market, internetconnection, MP3 player, photo and camera options, Bluetooth, games, and hey....you can call people with it as well.

I pay a standard fee of 10€ per month, and for that money i can call 60 minutes or send 100 textmessages, not a bad deal, considering i don't call too often, usually i'm the one who gets the call.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Nokia 3100, bought some years previously. I hardly ever use it, so the bill is just somewhere around 10€/two months, including mondthly fees, calls, text messages and occasional light internet usage. I've been thinking of buying a new one, one with a qwerty-keyboard, but this still works. Does not have an mp3-player, camera or even a radio, in case you don't want to carry separate devices for those.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I've got one. Some sort of LG. I'm on the 3 network, so I get a good deal. Quite cheap too.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion

I use an ATT phone. I joined when I got married because my wife and her whole family had them. It was cheaper to add a line to my wife's account, and all her calls to her family are free in network calls.

If you don't plan on using yours too much, you could look into pay as you go plans, or just a barebones plan from one of the big companies. As to who is better reception-wise, I've always felt it varies from place to place. The first time I got a cell phone, I checked with my friends, and had them tell me how good the signal was from their carrier in the local area, and specifically in my house as well. I got my first cell phone when I moved into a new apartment, and then never got a landline connected, so I ended up paying about the same per month for phone service as I had before.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #8
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I use a motorola camera phone, I don't have a landline...... I only use my cell phone. Verizon is the provider, I had nextel at one point, but it was the single worst phone experience i ever had. Not only was there never any signal, but call would constantly drop.....they were terrible.

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #9
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Sony Ericsson W880i. Walkman phone (but I still just use my ipod anyway as it can plug into my car!). Pay Ł35 a month for Ł180 worth of credit or texts. So can send 1800 texts (and no minutes) or a mixture. Quite handy, some months I spend nearly all of it, some I spend hardly anything.

Also on T-Mobile and I've found them pretty good so far (but ofc that's UK so they could be different in the states)

My phone is something I carry at all times (wallet, keys and ipod as well). I couldn't imagine not having it tbh :S
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

lol that's a silly question, do we have one I'm pretty sure that in most european countries penetration is above 90% and above 100% in some countries (i.e. people have more than one each)

I wont even bother saying what make etc. I use as 10 people already did that. But yeah these days they dont take the credit if you dont use it up. I'm not going on contract for the forseeable future, just pay as you go
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote