Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 05:04 PM   #41
madmartigan
The Magister

Interesting post, I agree with you 100% But for some reason I like playing Evil everyone always plays GOOD!

For instances I used to play Diablo2 Uswest Hardcore mode (And I was a Huge pker, why cause beign good and leveling and beign good gets boring so I turned to hunting and becoming infamous! oh well forgot my point, but evil is fun! exept it's hard to play completely evil in any game (damn conscience)
Old 06-03-2001, 05:13 PM   #42
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

so your saying barbarian rage doesn't protect from imprisonment. thats odd when i went up against kangst (really bad SP) he imp..ed me and it didn't work. i was imune. i had Barabrian rage on. maybe it was fairys?

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 06-03-2001, 05:13 PM   #43
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMaster:
Hey RudeDawg. I put a group of players thru a module in the Forgotten Realms setting (I forget the name but is was in the Bloodstone Pass) you have to be a minimum level of 23 (the module was for lvl 23 to 100). I had killed half of the party before they got to the portal to take them to the Abyss on go after Orrcus himself. It was a 4 module set. You start in the first module at level 1 and by the time you got to the 4 module you would be at least level 23

I REMEMBER THAT MODULE SET, or one very similar...

The problem I had / have with that is the fact that the characters will finish as gods among men, and where do they go after?

For me, I prefer the FEAR aspect, knowing that you are alone against the world, and they are all out to get you, and the odds are against you...

"Let them come. Let them ALL come."

------------------
Old 06-03-2001, 07:27 PM   #44
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hmm well, considering that there are mindflayer and beholder liches out there to tackle.. I suggest that the barbarian and mage should start working together instead! Alone is strong until he face to much, and then he is going to be sorry he throwed that mage over the cliffs, or when the mage is out of spells, he will be sorry he turned the barbarian into an angry chicken!!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-03-2001, 08:24 PM   #45
arion windrider
Red Wizard of Thay

never played a barbarian before.. but i think he would be a machine and cant be stopped.. but i think a pure fighter no matter how difficult in defeating mages can whip out alot of damage cuz of advance weapon prof.. i think ill try barbarian sometime in the future to see how good he is

------------------
Swordmaster to the King of Riva.. ALL HAIL TO BELGARION KING OF RIVA
Old 06-03-2001, 11:51 PM   #46
Ravana
Dungeon Master

heheh my lvl 40 berserker dwarf with grand mastery in just about everything wipes the floor with that nasty barbarian guy !!
Old 06-04-2001, 05:10 AM   #47
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You guys should really check out the Monk and play it before comparing to some of these other characters. I've played most of the Character Kits (one at least from each Class) and found the Monk easily the toughest, especially at later levels. This includes playing a half-orc Barbarian of course.

Just my 2c.

Oh yeah, and I never remove the exp cap. (Had to add that in )

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-04-2001, 05:12 AM   #48
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravana:
heheh my lvl 40 berserker dwarf with grand mastery in just about everything wipes the floor with that nasty barbarian guy !!
How would you know?? Have you played both? Besides didn't you read Rudedawgs post?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-04-2001, 06:23 AM   #49
Vampire

My level 19 Mage can kill it with her eyes closed.
Stone skin, Chain Contigency, Lower Resistancex5,
Old 06-04-2001, 07:11 AM   #50
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Granted the barbarian is a tank at level 40, but I'd like to see him face off my Kensai. I have no doubt that he could dish out 300 damage easily using Kai. And its all about diminishing returns. A barbarian does'nt improve as much as the 40 levels might suggest.
Madmartigan chill out man..mindless boasting gets you nowhere.

------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 06-04-2001).]