Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

You know i hate making a thread in GD for a single purpose so, like most threads there's going to be two parts, the appology, and second, a public announcement:

Ok so my last sig was 153,176... The last time I'd actually changed my sig the rule was 155 KB was the limit, now its 150KB that's the limit. I should have checked the rules before changing my sig. I thought my profile had been locked because I had links to mp3s in it. Im sorry for causing any trouble to this community I love. If you want to leave my profile locked, that's cool, it'll give me one less thing to worry about updating.

I'm also sorry about the mistakes of the past where I either had too many colors in a sig or followed the rule: "If you wish to use 2 images, both images must be no larger than 280x220 combined in resolution, and 150Kb in size as well. Your text sig or 'tagline' must not exceed 300 characters as well." too exactly by taing a 280x220 image and splitting it in half [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just as I did last christmas to those thing I continue to swear I'll never do those things again. And you have my word on obeying this new forum law as well. I guess I was never good with math. I'm amazed i pulled a B in College trig, anyway... Once again, I'm very sorry for what happened and hope that you, the wonderfull people of IWs can forgive me for not staying current in these last few weeks. I wont use flash to publish sigs any more, I just found out it rounds the numbers off too :/ So from now on i'm going to stick to animating gifs with the ulead gif animator when I make sigs. I wont ever make the mistake of uploading and putting a sig on without thoroughly questioning its proportions and size down to the byte, just as I would with any sig I was making for another person.

Gifs can be tricky some times, and on that note, if anyone would like a sig resized or made just PM me any time you feel like it.

Now I think I'm going to get back to my job of looking out for people with big sigs and sending them PMs of resampbled versions of what they're wearing...

ps. If I do get my profile back, Im going to use which is 131,072 bytes , if you feel this is too big, then just tell me.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:07 PM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Once again, I'm very sorry for what happened and hope that you, the wonderfull people of IWs can forgive me for not staying current in these last few weeks.
no worries D/K! you are the best GIF sig maker that i know of. and i guess you needed to take a break as well. you cant be here 24/7 you know. as for the limit sig, at least you know now the details so you wont make the mistake again .

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Rules, rules, everywhere you go it's rules! Just got told off in my martial arts class for not saluting long enough and arriving late They basically said that if I don't improve on my punctuality and keeping up of traditions I'll be kicked out.... oops slightly OT.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-18-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

...rules are meant to be broken...
Old 09-18-2003, 06:24 PM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:

Gifs can be tricky some times, and on that note, if anyone would like a sig resized or made just PM me any time you feel like it.

Yes, take him up on this! I asked him to fix the background on my sig, and he made pink flap again! What a guy

Hmm I have to say that being late really ticks me off as well, Vaskez. Once or twice is understandable, but I have no time for people who are constantly late [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Hmm I have to say that being late really ticks me off as well, Vaskez. Once or twice is understandable, but I have no time for people who are constantly late [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Phew, glad I don't have to work with you then. You'd be really pissed off with me heh
Old 09-18-2003, 06:47 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:

Phew, glad I don't have to work with you then. You'd be really pissed off with me heh [/QUOTE]Well for me it's just a matter of courtesy. If I arrange with someone to be somewhere/do something at a certain time, I will be on time. If they're not, then I have to wait and they know that. Once or twice you can excuse because people have car trouble or it's just one of those mornings, but if someone's habitually late, then they know perfectly well that they have trouble being on time and should do something about it. Like leave earlier or get up earlier or organise themselves better. Being constantly late says 'I know I'm going to be late, and make you hang around and wait for me, but I don't care enough to make the effort to be on time'. It's not that being on time is easy for most people and some are just unlucky and are late because they're just born that way.

Some of my friends are always late on purpose when we arrange to meet for shopping or lunch or something, because they don't like to have to stand around and wait so they deliberately try to be last there . They've actually said this to me after I've been standing around waiting for them. Apparently they feel I enjoy it
Old 09-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Well for me it's just a matter of courtesy. If I arrange with someone to be somewhere/do something at a certain time, I will be on time. If they're not, then I have to wait and they know that. Once or twice you can excuse because people have car trouble or it's just one of those mornings, but if someone's habitually late, then they know perfectly well that they have trouble being on time and should do something about it. Like leave earlier or get up earlier or organise themselves better. Being constantly late says 'I know I'm going to be late, and make you hang around and wait for me, but I don't care enough to make the effort to be on time'. It's not that being on time is easy for most people and some are just unlucky and are late because they're just born that way.

Some of my friends are always late on purpose when we arrange to meet for shopping or lunch or something, because they don't like to have to stand around and wait so they deliberately try to be last there . They've actually said this to me after I've been standing around waiting for them. Apparently they feel I enjoy it
Heh, I'm sure you've heard of being fashionably late it comes naturally to me . With me I fall into the same trap eeevery time. I always work out how much time I need to get there and work out exactly when I need to leave. Then I sit and relax and start doing something, like posting on here or watching TV. 5 minutes before I have to leave I look at my watch and because I'm usually enjoying what I'm doing I say to myself: "no probs, you got 5 mins till you have to leave". 6 or 7 minutes later I'll look up and then start rushing. This happens EVERY time and I never learn, it's just like I'm incurable Of course this doesn't happen in exam period or something in that case I'm usually crapping myself so I'm there 30 mins early but in every day situations it always happens.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:01 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
You know i hate making a thread in GD for a single purpose so, like most threads there's going to be two parts, the appology, and second, a public announcement:

Ok so my last sig was 153,176... The last time I'd actually changed my sig the rule was 155 KB was the limit, now its 150KB that's the limit. I should have checked the rules before changing my sig. I thought my profile had been locked because I had links to mp3s in it. Im sorry for causing any trouble to this community I love. If you want to leave my profile locked, that's cool, it'll give me one less thing to worry about updating.

I'm also sorry about the mistakes of the past where I either had too many colors in a sig or followed the rule: "If you wish to use 2 images, both images must be no larger than 280x220 combined in resolution, and 150Kb in size as well. Your text sig or 'tagline' must not exceed 300 characters as well." too exactly by taing a 280x220 image and splitting it in half [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just as I did last christmas to those thing I continue to swear I'll never do those things again. And you have my word on obeying this new forum law as well. I guess I was never good with math. I'm amazed i pulled a B in College trig, anyway... Once again, I'm very sorry for what happened and hope that you, the wonderfull people of IWs can forgive me for not staying current in these last few weeks. I wont use flash to publish sigs any more, I just found out it rounds the numbers off too :/ So from now on i'm going to stick to animating gifs with the ulead gif animator when I make sigs. I wont ever make the mistake of uploading and putting a sig on without thoroughly questioning its proportions and size down to the byte, just as I would with any sig I was making for another person.

Now I think I'm going to get back to my job of looking out for people with big sigs and sending them PMs of resampbled versions of what they're wearing...

ps. If I do get my profile back, Im going to use which is 131,072 bytes , if you feel this is too big, then just tell me.
Sorry, no. The limit has ALWAYS been 150K Deathkiller. you know that. Ask anyone. That has been the rule since we had sig rules.

You know, I see loads of sig images that are AWESOME and they are like 28K.. Sometimes small is better

Anyway, I'll unlock your sig profile in a few days.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-18-2003, 07:03 PM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
...rules are meant to be broken...
And bans are meant to as well.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling