Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-13-2002, 10:00 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

oh yeah! wohooo!! after about 1 hour, ill get to play some Advanced Dungeons & Dragons! its so good that my 16 and 18 year old sisters have such great friends and boyfriends [img]smile.gif[/img] .
anyway, yester-yesterday(translation - the day before yesterday ), i created my character. he is a male drow wizard named Chaszmyr Khalazza(took the name from the Drow Handbook though i think ill maybe change it) and he got the best stats in the party(20 dex, 18 int! Gem Cutting, here i come !). the campaign is in Shadowdale, the city which is famous because Elminster was born there as Iff(Iff = Ivar = my sisters boyfriend = the DM) stated.
so cool to see sooo many AD&D books! there were about.. 15 books or so. the coolest was the Monstrous Manual though i wasnt supposed to read it, it was for DMs only
Old 06-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Good for you! [img]smile.gif[/img] I remember when i first played it.Except we had some of the mauals memorized or atleast part of it........My uncle the computer guy/dungoen master/MechWarrior/father of 1/great uncle. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-13-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Good for you! [img]smile.gif[/img] I remember when i first played it.Except we had some of the mauals memorized or atleast part of it........My uncle the computer guy/dungoen master/MechWarrior/father of 1/great uncle. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] !
i know that the DM ill be playing with is really good and experienced. i dont know if its what DMs do but if someone plays his role well(how your character reacts and such), he gives extra experience for that. is it what DMs traditionally do?
oh, and he also lets a player choose an extra stat point every 3 levels just to make it more fun [img]smile.gif[/img] . i think thats cool
Old 06-13-2002, 10:36 AM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

Oh you are so lucky, I teached my brother and his friends to play about a month ago and they are having such fun, said it was they best game they ever played.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2002, 10:38 AM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Have fun, uss! PnP gaming is a load of fun...completely different from computer gaming, but in a great sort of way. You'll enjoy it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-13-2002, 10:45 AM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

Thanks, Jorath and Saz [img]smile.gif[/img] !
ill get going in about 10 minutes. when i get back(its 6 p.m. i think ill get back about 4 a.m. ) ill be sure to talk about it.
bye!
Old 06-13-2002, 10:57 AM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well today i've decided to DM a short game of D&D since our present DM has moved on, it won't be big or anything a short saga filled with VERY unique players [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'll insert my ranger at one point in a little arena combat and i'll either end it there by killing everyone off OR we'll go and start a little bit of an epic saga together... depends on how well they roll... OH and yes, I will polymorph myself into a dragon... but *shh* don't tell them that [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2002, 11:20 AM   #8
Helspanth
Quintesson

Uss you are SO lucky.I wish I could play some good ADD these days.Sigh.
Anyway I'll be home in a month and then my players will have their hands full!The new adventures I have ready will bring the"oh-my-god-this-psycho-is-trying-to-kill-us" look on their faces! [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Oh I love beeing a DM!
Have fun in the Realms uss!BTW your DM must be a really good person.I would never allow my players extra stat points. [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 01:46 AM   #9
DeSoya
Manshoon

Just remember to roll high when you do play D&D. Esp. third edition. Rolling high is always good then.

DeSoya
Old 06-14-2002, 02:02 AM   #10
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Isnt cursing in the topic agaist the TOS? Well I guess Hell isnt really a curse word,eh, anyway.

Good for USS! I play DnD monthly, its great. Just dont become a power gamer, that really ruins it. And make yuor characters intresting!