Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well that is another one.

HALIFAX (CP) - Nova Scotia became the sixth province or territory to allow same-sex marriages when the province's Supreme Court ruled Friday that banning such unions is unconstitutional. Source

Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec, the Yukon, Manitoba and Nova Scotia now allow same-sex marriages. While it is slightly less than 50% since there are 13 provinces and territories, the provinces that have allowed it are some of the more populated ones (Ontario, British Columbia, Quebec) so I think we are looking at 80 to 90% of the population.

[ 09-24-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

That's great news. Hopefully the U.S. can learn something by it.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You mean like publishing pamphlets to help advise homosexuals on the benefits of moving to Canada?
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Good one Timber, but no.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm still waiting for Canada to collapse into ruin and fire and brimstone because of laws like this. Apparently it should happen soon.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
Aerich
Lord Ao

We'll let you know when it happens.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:01 AM   #7
Jonas Strider
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You mean like publishing pamphlets to help advise homosexuals on the benefits of moving to Canada?
Hahahahahahahahaha! And that would probably happen. Moving to Canada or traveling up there to get married. This would be a funny pie in the face of George Bush and most American conservatives. HA!
Old 09-25-2004, 05:01 PM   #8
Aerich
Lord Ao

There's actually been quite a few American couples who've travelled up here to get married - I saw some articles in the paper right after it became legal in BC. Their marriages are not recognized in the States of course, but the formal commitment matters to them.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #9
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah because homosexuality is natural. Male pheramones (sp) are there to attract males. Two males can NATURAL concieve with each other. Plain and simple, sperm (produced by male) is needed to fertilize an egg (produced by females). Even with artificial insemination, its still a sperm (again, male) that did it. If two male bears in the woods ever start to do it in order to produce and it is successfull, then I would be more inclined to agree with it. I think they should be allowed to date, I'm not against individual rights or anything, but marriage is definately out.

Look at it from a religious standpoint:

Sadam and Gamora (sp) enough said.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #10
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

If you look at it that way, morgan (or, the bedrock view of marriage to produce children) you should also make it illegal, or unrecognize marriages between straight couples that cannot conceive.

Its not their fault that they cant have babies, much like it is not my fault I cannot produce with the partner of my choice.

Does that make any sense?
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote