Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-25-2001, 11:27 PM   #1
Tyronius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Over the course of the game i have collected alot of scrolls, partly becasue i dont use them much and also partly because i dont want to sell them. i currently have 3 scroll cases but i need more. i dont want to use the Balder.ini file cheat mostly because i cant find it on my computer. so is there any ay for me to get more scroll cases?
Old 11-25-2001, 11:37 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
There should be six to buy in the game. I know there is one at the magic seller in Waukeens, one at a merchant in Trademeet, and (I think) Bernard sells one at the copper coronet before you do the quest there. Also there might be one at a halfling merchant in the docks district but that may be a gem bag [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, if you're not scribing your scrolls into your spell books, and not casting them, it's really better to sell them because they're not useful for anything else, and, as you say, you're just taking up inventory [img]smile.gif[/img] You do get experience for scribing them in your spellbook after all.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:32 AM   #3
Kingenigma
The Magister

Try giving Jan useless spells and try to memorize, that'll net u sum experience b4 u get Imoen.

NOTE: Save some good spells for her when u get her back in chapter 4.
Also, good luck with Jan's int, apart from illusion/phantasm, he has 55% chance of memorising spells and no necromancy at all.
Old 11-26-2001, 03:47 AM   #4
Zbyszek

If I remember well I had in (Chapter 3) 3 cases from Althkala and 4th from Trademeet. If you are collecting scrolls you can just put them into chests.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:17 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Scrollcases:

1) The blackmarket scroll merchant in the Adventurer Mart.

2) The Scroll Merchant above the Den of the Seven Vales.

3) Bernard in the Copper Coronet, you have to buy it before you do the Slaver quest.

4) The merchant in the Docks District, outside the Cowled Wizard's house.

5) Tradesmeet merchant, after you solve their crisis.

PS: You can drink INT potions and boost your Mage's INT to 19+, enabling you memorise every single possible scroll. This applies to NPC Mages too.
Old 11-26-2001, 06:25 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Scrollcases:

2) The Scroll Merchant above the Den of the Seven Vales.

3) Bernard in the Copper Coronet, you have to buy it before you do the Slaver quest.

4) The merchant in the Docks District, outside the Cowled Wizard's house.

5) Tradesmeet merchant, after you solve their crisis.

Hey wow! I actually remembered these correctly [img]smile.gif[/img] ! Most of them were very hazy guesses
Old 11-26-2001, 07:45 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

the person who said 19 int is enough to memorise every scroll is incorrect. with 19 you have (thumbs through Bg1 manual...) 95% chance to learn. close enough i suppose, but i lost timestop and several other and didnt remember to save.

a lot of these scrolls will probably be redunant. spells you either scribe or sell, and the various clues you dump when they become useless. the only ones id keep are the protection from... green scrolls. these things are practicaly made for fighting dragons.

oh and the baldurs.ini file is in the main game directory. mine is under c:\games due to my hatred of using DOS to get into program files. (hey, DOS is a lot faster than windows). the default is under c:\program files\black isle if i remember. it should be the file after baldur.ico and before baldurs gate 2 manual.pdf. the extensions might be hidden by windows, which i hate. did i mention that?
Old 11-26-2001, 11:16 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
the person who said 19 int is enough to memorise every scroll is incorrect. with 19 you have (thumbs through Bg1 manual...) 95% chance to learn. close enough i suppose, but i lost timestop and several other and didnt remember to save.

Nononono... what I meant was that you can memorise every single spell, as in you have no limit on how many known spells you can have per spell level.