Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-13-2001, 03:50 AM   #1
Mordenkainen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

everywhere i look theres a n adamantite golem.EVERYWHERE!Does anyone know an easy way to kill them because they are really getting on my nerves.The most i do to it in a hit is 4 and so it takes alot of time, healing spells, healing potions and stress to kill.
??????????????
CHRiS
Old 06-13-2001, 04:11 AM   #2
Floraowe
The Magister

I think all weapons only do a few points of damage per hit. There are several ranged weapons you can use, including the sling of everad & the gesen bow. Since the adamantite golems are so huge they can't get through doorways etc, so usually you can plug away with a ranged weapon & not get hit. Any way you want to fight them, it does take a fair amount of time, though.
Old 06-13-2001, 04:15 AM   #3
Mordenkainen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i think because i started with an experienced character there are more of them.Well i know that there are.Well since i dont have the sling or the shaft for the bow i will just have to resort to my other way.
CHRiS
Old 06-13-2001, 04:57 AM   #4
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

I think flail of ages and blackblood club works on them.

------------------
:skeleton2:
Barbucha - a bear's bugaboo
Old 06-13-2001, 07:42 AM   #5
Cayle
The Magister

I console capped a Ch2 party once. Much to my dismay, I started running into adamantite golems everywhere and I did not have the proper weaponry. The game adjusts some encounters based on your XP level and makes certain assumptions about your equipment based on XP.

-Cayle
Old 06-13-2001, 07:43 AM   #6
Cayle
The Magister

BTW- Welcome!

-Cayle
Old 06-13-2001, 07:54 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Heh. Adam' Golems are tough, but easy to take advantage of.

Aerie goes melee with a Golem and wins!

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-13-2001, 07:56 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Any weapon that are +3 or better can damage adamantium golems, melee weapons such as Stonefire (axe), Frostreaver(axe), Rod of Terror (rod), Rod of Smiting (rod), Staff of Rynn (staff), Martial Staff (staff), Crom Faeyr (hammer), Cutthroat (short sword), Blade of Roses (long sword), The Equalizer (long sword), Celestial Fury (katana), Warblade (2-hand sword), Soul Reaver (2-hand sword), Carsomyr (2-hand sword), Lilarcor (2-hand sword), Skullcrusher (mace), Blackblood (club), Flail of the Ages (flail), Dragon Bane (halberd), Dragon's Breath (halberd), Blackmist (halberd), Wave (halberd) ... etc can damage it in melee combat. For range combat, weapons like Short Bow of Gensen and Sling of Everard can also damage it.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 08:14 AM   #9
Gil-Galad
The Magister

Don't forget Melf's Minute Meteors (+5THAC0, 3attacks/round), one of my personal favorites, Imoen will hit on practically every attack with this spell.
Old 06-13-2001, 08:23 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hint/Tip
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Use Melf's Minute Meteors( MMM) on Kangaxx! (when he's in Demi-Lich-You-Are-So-Screwed mode)

Sure, it's only 1 damage, but hey! It's very fast, 3 or 4 shots per round I think.

P.S. MMM works against Clay Golems too!!!! And Stone, Sand, Brain and Adam' too.
------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

[This message has been edited by Dundee Slaytern (edited 06-13-2001).]