Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 03-25-2004, 03:34 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

This is my second time thru BG2 because I wanted to be less good(more neutral) and do the game without the smarmilly good Anomen, Minsc and Keldorn. I have the ease-of-use mod installed, also. I have Jaheira and Viconia,, and that is QUITE a show when they start sniping at each other. Will they come to blows? I don't want this because I am trying to romance them both.SPOIL ME.
BTW, I do NOT have enabled the "NPC's don't fight or leave" option. Nice board you've got here, folks.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:44 AM   #2
Odruith
The Magister

Hm.

Romancing 2 nPC's at once can cause you some trouble because eventually you'll have to decide between them.

They shouldn't come to blows since they're both pretty cool with each other apart from bickering.

Keldorn is one of the npc's that will come to blows with Viconia, but I'm not sure about the others.

Edit: Welcome to Ironworks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-25-2004, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Odruith ]
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:33 AM   #3
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Valygar will fight Viconia if he talks to Orionna in the Government District and Vic is nearby.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
Feral
Elminster

I've never had Viconia and Jaheira together, but they're probably bickering because you're trying to romance them both. Once you're forced to choose, I think it should stop. IIRC, Jaheira was in favour of taking Viccy into the party in the first place.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

Thanks folks. The reason I am romancing them both is I have read that Jaheira's romance is sooo buggy that even when you say the right things,,, it may not work out. Oh well, romancing your godmother is vaguely incestuous anyway.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
They won't fight, no. And yes, Jahiera vouched for Viconia in the beginning. They will bicker quite a bit, but it won't move beyond that.
And welcome to Ironworks, ElfBane! Hopefully someone who knows how to do flashy graphics will come by and give you a proper greeting soon, but till then I just give a sincere welcome.
Edit- I like you already. I used to maintain that about the Jahiera romance, but lately I've stopped thinking about it. She *is* older than you and her husband is only recently dead and, come on, the woman is your guardian, yet you can romance her? Go figure...

[ 03-25-2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 08:31 PM   #7
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

You can lose vic if ur reputation gets too high. I was romancing with her when my rep got to 20 or 19 i think and she left.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
Feral
Elminster

The same goes for other evil-aligned characters. But she left you because of what you did rather than who you travelled with. Imagine the disappointment - she's developing "those special feelings" for you and suddenly there you go doing all sort of disagreeable good deeds.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:02 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
They won't fight, no. And yes, Jahiera vouched for Viconia in the beginning. They will bicker quite a bit, but it won't move beyond that.
And welcome to Ironworks, ElfBane! Hopefully someone who knows how to do flashy graphics will come by and give you a proper greeting soon, but till then I just give a sincere welcome.
Edit- I like you already. I used to maintain that about the Jahiera romance, but lately I've stopped thinking about it. She *is* older than you and her husband is only recently dead and, come on, the woman is your guardian, yet you can romance her? Go figure...
First, welcome to IW, ElfBane! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Second, the graphics can be found by clicking on 'Graphics Library' at the top of the page.

Third of all, install the official SoA Patch + the SoA Fixpack if you don't have ToB installed. If you've got ToB installed, then install the ToB Patch and the ToB Fixpack. The Jaheira romance should work hopefully that way.

[ 03-25-2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:04 PM   #10
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Though Jaheira is older, so is Vic and Aerie
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote