Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Oh snap, Pruden calling it!!!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...campaign-2012/

We’re getting a scary preview of the final weeks of the 2012 presidential campaign. It’s going to be all about race and race-baiting.

For anyone who grew up in the South not so long ago, the irony is thick, bitter and ugly. Democratic pols of earlier generations reserved their fiery rhetoric — of blaming black folks for faults and misdemeanors large and small — for the last fortnight of the primary campaign. Then they let fly.

Some of the desperate friends of Barack Obama are playing the race card already, as the president’s poll numbers continue to crater in every ethnic and geographic category. The wise men in the White House avert their eyes from the data, trying not to look at the wreck on the highway. There’s the hint of impending doom in poll findings among independents, Jews, Hispanics and even blacks, where the president has long been untouchable. His approval ratings have fallen dramatically as the economy continues to tank and evidence mounts that neither the president nor his wise men have a clue what to do about it. Doubts grow, not about the president’s race, to which white voters everywhere have shown remarkable indifference, but about the president’s competence.

Mr. Obama was elected nearly three years ago on the wings of hope and the breath of prayer. He has gone a long way as a salesman with a wink, easy banter and a good shoeshine. He had no experience in business and had barely made a mark in either the Illinois legislature or the U.S. Senate, but he had an ingratiating manner and he could preach a sermon like nobody since Billy Sunday, Billy Graham or Adam Clayton Powell. But now a lot of people black and white are frightened — indeed most people are flat-out scared - and the only people talking about race are Mr. Obama’s friends.

Morgan Freeman, the actor who has a home in the Mississippi Delta where he has prosperous business partnerships with white folks, thinks America is as sinister as ever, and then some. He told an interviewer for CNN that the election of Mr. Obama has made racism worse, not better, because the tea party “is going to do whatever they can to get this black man outta here.” With that, he lapsed into incoherence.

The president’s slide in popularity, after his election raised such high hopes, “just shows the weak, dark, underside of America. We’re supposed to be better than that. We really are. That’s why all those people were in tears when Obama was elected president. ‘Ah, look at what we are. Look at how this is America.’ You know? And then it just sort of started turning because these people surfaced, like stirring up muddy water.”

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri, who decried Mr. Obama’s compromise on the borrowing limit as “a sugar-coated Satan sandwich” (you should get cheese on that, with a side of fries), urges black voters to keep their complaining in check because “nobody wants to do anything that would empower the people who hate Obama.” He didn’t identify those people, but we’re entitled to think they’re of a pale persuasion.

The president knows he must find a way to restore the black enthusiasm of 2008 if he has even a shot at a second term, so he’s determined to reprise the spirit of the civil rights struggle of the ‘60s. “Take off your bedroom slippers,” he told the Congressional Black Caucus. “Put on your marching shoes. Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’.” But it’s not clear who they’ll be marching against.

Finding a boogeyman among white folks will be difficult this year. Cotton Ed Smith, Bull Connor, Herman Talmadge and the bad guys of yore have been in the graveyard for a long time. Even more improbable than a black man in the White House - everyone is accustomed to that - is a Rasmussen poll released this week suggesting that in the unlikely event the election were held today, Mr. Obama would beat Herman Cain by only five points. This is a week after Mr. Cain won a straw vote in Florida, leading all Republican candidates. Mr. Cain, the son of a janitor and a cleaning lady, is that rare businessman of any color with a fire in his belly for politics. He sings the music of America, and he knows all the words.

Herman Cain’s chances to win the White House are easy to discount; the odds say he’s an unlikely star shooting across a troubled sky, soon to disappear below the far horizon. But even the brief prospect of a black Republican challenger for a black president says something loud and clear. What a country.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Oh snap, Pruden calling it!!!

If BHO's lieutenants are playing the race card, then they are the second to do so, since the racist and anarchist Tea Party played it long ago. Where was the TP when GWB and the Congress were racking up the deficit and fighting unjust war on an innocent sovereign nation? You guessed it!... sipping their mint juleps. The TP didn't show up until, "coincidentally", a black man was elected. Funny how that works out, eh?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
If BHO's lieutenants are playing the race card, then they are the second to do so, since the racist and anarchist Tea Party played it long ago. Where was the TP when GWB and the Congress were racking up the deficit and fighting unjust war on an innocent sovereign nation? You guessed it!... sipping their mint juleps. The TP didn't show up until, "coincidentally", a black man was elected. Funny how that works out, eh?
What's even funnier is that that "unjust war" has been going on for the entirety of his term. As I type this, our men and women are still over there. So what's your point? If, as I believe you've stated before, I could be wrong, Bush deserves to go to jail for starting the war, then why isn't Obama in jail for continuing it? He is, after all, an accessory after the fact.

It's an inconvenient truth that his numbers are falling. His approval rating is down, and frankly, I don't think they're polling white people to get hispanic/black numbers. People that were originally happy with him are now unhappy. Unless he spontaneously changed races, I'm pretty sure it's more due to performance, or lack there-of.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
What is truly ironic was his snake oil speech on bringing our troops home. Well 3 years later, here at mother Knox, we are extremely busy concurrently training (2) Brigades to deploy soon. One of those Brigades will replace our resident Brigade in A-Stan, the other is going to that so-called sovereign nation. One who wants to bring troops home, change the outlook of the nation, and end an unjust war sure has a Central Florida watermelon and Southern Comfort concoction approach to doing such.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
So what's your point? If, as I believe you've stated before, I could be wrong, Bush deserves to go to jail for starting the war, then why isn't Obama in jail for continuing it? He is, after all, an accessory after the fact.
I have NEVER said any PotUS should be in jail, do NOT confuse me with SpiritWarrior. While I agree with many things SW says, I realize the futility of the commoners trying to incite such a thing. After all, the House would rather impeach over a blow job, than impeach over mass murder being committed at their Military-Industrial Complex masters bidding.

And I thought my point was pretty clear,,, but here it is again... The TP played the race card long ago. Remember that part of my post?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Two things can be, and in this case are, true at the same time. One, that his numbers have slipped amongst ethnic groups (considering where they were during election time when we were so afraid of Caribou Barbie being one heart attack away from the Oval Office, how could they not be?), and two that many of his most vehement detractors are absolute racists.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Oh snap, Pruden calling it!!!

Logic dictates that the Tea Party movement was not about taxes.

15 April 2008--no Tea Party movement happening under the Bush Administration.
15 April 2009--Tea Party movement happening under the Obama Administration even though no tax increases had been enacted or were under serious consideration at the time.

Conclusion: it wasn't about taxes. It might have been about the possibility of taxes in the future, but they were overreacting to things that did not exist.

I still suspect that Mr. Obama is going to pull and LBJ and not run for 2012. Not only will this avoid the possibility of losing a Presidential election but it will give him the option of running in 2016, since the 22nd Amendment doesn't preclude nonconsecutive terms. He would have 4 years during which to rebuild his support, as well.

The only Republican candidate I like is Dr. Paul...but I am a realist and I know he won't get the nomination. If I am lucky he might get a VP spot, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
What's even funnier is that that "unjust war" has been going on for the entirety of his term. As I type this, our men and women are still over there. So what's your point? If, as I believe you've stated before, I could be wrong, Bush deserves to go to jail for starting the war, then why isn't Obama in jail for continuing it? He is, after all, an accessory after the fact.

It's an inconvenient truth that his numbers are falling. His approval rating is down, and frankly, I don't think they're polling white people to get hispanic/black numbers. People that were originally happy with him are now unhappy. Unless he spontaneously changed races, I'm pretty sure it's more due to performance, or lack there-of.
Quote:
I have NEVER said any PotUS should be in jail, do NOT confuse me with SpiritWarrior. While I agree with many things SW says, I realize the futility of the commoners trying to incite such a thing. After all, the House would rather impeach over a blow job, than impeach over mass murder being committed at their Military-Industrial Complex masters bidding.

And I thought my point was pretty clear,,, but here it is again... The TP played the race card long ago. Remember that part of my post?
Let me pull the whole post into this, instead of the cherrypicked line you responded to. Let me point you to the part I highlighted, usually when people say they could be wrong, that's generally what they mean. Confusing things people say is exactly how I got on disability in the first place. However, that doesn't change the base part of the question: are you applauding Obama for his actions fighting an "unjust war", or are you calling for his impeachment? If the former, why? It's an "unjust war", and as Felix pointed out, PotUS was supposed to be bringing the troops home, but instead, he's getting more ready to go. Where I come from, accessory to is the same thing as actually pulling the trigger, so Obama is just as "guilty" as Bush was supposed to be.

Again, as I said before, it's a case of "your side of the aisle did it, it's a crime, my side did it", where "it" is the exact same thing, "it was needed to stop (insert problem here)". If people are applauding Obama for continuing what they see as Bush's crime, then the only word that fits is hypocrit.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I think it's quite possible to;
1. Have voted for BHO.
2. Lament the endless wars.
... and not be hypocritical.

BTW, the "unjust war" mentioned in my post IS being ended by BHO. Now we just have to deal with the Afghan mess.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
I think it's quite possible to;
1. Have voted for BHO.
2. Lament the endless wars.
... and not be hypocritical.

BTW, the "unjust war" mentioned in my post IS being ended by BHO. Now we just have to deal with the Afghan mess.
It is, however, impossible to say the war is a crime committed by Bush, and then applaud Obama for fighting it w/out being a hypocrit. Either it's a crime, or it isn't. That is what I said in my previous post as well.

While one can indeed end wars by sending in more troops, and just turning the whole country into a parking lot, the usual system for ending hostilities involves a cease fire, negotiations for peace and a withdrawal of troops. So by which scenario do you put forward that he's ending the war? Since we know that more troops are being trained, and sent in, are we to assume that he's going to do the former to end it?