Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2001, 10:32 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

The pup, Hercules, is doing great. Not much progress with Grandpa though because the old man has been going out there alone and yelling at him and kicking at him (I've caught him doing it twice now) He's going to get bitten one of these days!
I think I have curtailed his excursions out the back door but he'll still stand inside the door and yell at Hercules and it doesn't make it any easier to try to make the dog like him any more. *sigh* LOL
LOL!! Does Grandpa do this because he's afraid of the dog? Or is he a little senile? If he's just afraid of Hercules (I wanted to call him Harley for some reason) - why doesn't he realize that this will only make things worse? Well, maybe Hercules will just get used to it. He probably won't bite Grandpa as long as you CAN keep him from physically getting to the pup. Poor Hercules. And poor Grandpa. But are Zip and Code okay? (see, I remembered them. )

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-12-2001).]
Old 10-12-2001, 11:08 PM   #12
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
LOL!! Does Grandpa do this because he's afraid of the dog? Or is he a little senile? If he's just afraid of Hercules (I wanted to call him Harley for some reason) - why doesn't he realize that this will only make things worse? Well, maybe Hercules will just get used to it. He probably won't bite Grandpa as long as you CAN keep him from physically getting to the pup. Poor Hercules. And poor Grandpa. But are Zip and Code okay? (see, I remembered them. )

Grandpa is more senile than anything these days. He is a little intimidated by Hercules but thinks he has the upper hand being a man and all...he forgets that he is a frail 84 year old man who has suffered from a stroke and is on meds that make his thinking process a little fuzzy.
He is convinced that the dog won't bite him because he is bigger but I saw Hercules sneak up on his ankles and just miss getting a nip in on them as grandpa came back in the door. Hercules is getting bigger, Grandpa isn't LOL. The only time he would get out there alone with him is if we don't see it and I do think he understands it is best for him not to which is why he stands at the door and yells at him....he stands there and yells at him to shut up when Hercules is only barking because he is standing there yelling at him It's a no-win situation on both sides. I feel sorry for them both, since they are both good guys who could get along if grandpa allowed it.

Zip and Code are both doing great! Code's favorite past time these days is wrestling with Hercules. Zip is glad to get a break LOL, Hercules kept her busy playing for months on end.

OK, Rex is out the door for another night's work and I can get to bed now LOL.

Goodnight!

P.S. Ladyzekke, that one cracked us up too. Glad you got a laugh out of it as well!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-12-2001).]

Old 10-12-2001, 11:13 PM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hey! Hi! What other thread? I never saw you!
Nice to see you back, Moni!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi, and welcome back PRINCESS .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Old 10-13-2001, 07:13 AM   #15
tracey
Manshoon

hi moni. missed you!

glad you're having a good tim at school. you sound like you're really enjoying it. loved the axioms - nearly died laughing

flotsdale - seriously 'cool' sig.

where can i get one? are you now a grand master of sigs? or did you cheat and have someone else do it? hmmmmmm. i want names.

by the way, did supply teaching on friday. aaaaargh. 5 classes of evil children - joy. got accused of racism by an irish teacher who called me 'miss'. nearly cried with amusement. all because i slipped into my dublin brogue for 5 mins to entertain the disgruntled 16 year olds. will have to ponder gently on the wierd ways of teachers. also slipped off for a fag at break time with the children. they share though, so can't complain. very pleased teachers didn't catch us though. i have much to learn. (but it's fun being naughty)

by the end of the day i realised that teachers in this school think kids are the 'enemy' and must be controlled at all times. they are very joyless grown up's. and the head of the maths' dept., is an evil green witch.

------------------
offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-13-2001, 08:00 AM   #16
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
hi moni. missed you!

glad you're having a good tim at school. you sound like you're really enjoying it. loved the axioms - nearly died laughing

flotsdale - seriously 'cool' sig.

where can i get one? are you now a grand master of sigs? or did you cheat and have someone else do it? hmmmmmm. i want names.

by the way, did supply teaching on friday. aaaaargh. 5 classes of evil children - joy. got accused of racism by an irish teacher who called me 'miss'. nearly cried with amusement. all because i slipped into my dublin brogue for 5 mins to entertain the disgruntled 16 year olds. will have to ponder gently on the wierd ways of teachers. also slipped off for a fag at break time with the children. they share though, so can't complain. very pleased teachers didn't catch us though. i have much to learn. (but it's fun being naughty)

by the end of the day i realised that teachers in this school think kids are the 'enemy' and must be controlled at all times. they are very joyless grown up's. and the head of the maths' dept., is an evil green witch.

LOL!! I'd like to have seen you smoking with the kids!

About the sig: My current one was done by Adam Warlock. Have a word with her. But there are many on the forum who will be happy to help... I had several people working on one for me...

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:01 AM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Hey! Hi! What other thread? I never saw you!
Nice to see you back, Moni!

Nice to see you too Fljotsdale! *hugs*
The thread was Getting Ironworks back to normal"...Ziroc posted it.
Nice sig! Classy!

Hello DAVROS!

LOL tracy, sounds like you have had some fun! I doubt that I'll be smoking with the kids I'll be teaching....they'll be eight years old and younger!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-14-2001).]

Old 10-14-2001, 05:28 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Hi Moni!
...world sucks... *snicker* love it!!

Glad to hear school is going well. The situation between your grandpa and Hercules sounds pretty stressful for all concerned. I hope he doesn't get bitten, but sad to say it sounds as though the dog would only be doing what comes naturally if he did bite. I hope the bad treatment doesn't turn the poor dog nasty. It must be very difficult to deal with - I suppose the best you can do is try to keep them apart.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-14-2001, 06:01 AM   #19
Lavindathar
Harper

Welcome back moni....

I like to think I was some inspiration in bringing you back.......was I?

Lol, I think that email i sent you was the cause of this....

LETS CELEBRATE MONI'S RETURN

------------------