Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2000, 09:08 PM   #1
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Ok, here's what happened, I'm in the de'arnise keep/hold place and im just about to go down into the cellar/jail but I take the secret door to the north-west where there are a couple stone golems, a couple sand/clay golems, and one big fat iron golem. I decide the stuff on the statues would go nicely in my inventory but some of the golems come alive. I casted cloud kill on the buggers a couple times and dstroyed all but the iron golem. The iron golem was badly injured. I then cast cloud kill four more times and didnt do another single point of damage, what am I doing wrong here?
Old 11-30-2000, 09:10 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

You should whack his brains out with the War Hammer +4 vs. giants that you found in the statues (identify it first or the bonuses won't apply)
Old 11-30-2000, 09:25 PM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Unless you just want the XP's for taking out the golems there is an easier way and if you are lucky you will only have to kill one or to of them.
If you are interested, bypass the room for now, go on to the cellar/dungeon and finish clearing the place out. The key here is once you finish the quest, do not go outside first or everything in the Keep resets to empty. No Golems, no treasure.
The easiest way that someone mentioned was casting a sanctuary spell, they gated in, grabbed the loot and gated out without disturbing the golem at all.
I took all my characters except for my theif to the stairs that lead down and left them there. That way they are out of the way in those cramped halls and ready to go. I had my thief hide in shadows and move to the statue nearest the golem and then drink oil of speed and hit the first statue grab the loot and hit the next and the next and race for the door. Keep your oil of speed in your quick slot, you may need to drink 3. The Iron is too big to leave the room, but the others are hasted and they are fast and will be right on your tail. Select all your characters and when your thief gets close enough hit the stairs. I only had two of the smaller golem make the transition with us and they were easy to take out. Other people have said they made it scot free.
Old 11-30-2000, 09:34 PM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

If you attack a golem it comes alive so you attack and kill them one at a time. Of course if you don't have +3 weapons for the stone and iron golems and +1 blunt weapons for the clay then you'll have to grab the treasure and awaken them anyway. Obviously only keep characters in the room that can actually hurt the golems. Harm as many of your fighters with weapons that will hurt the golems, even if they don't have a proficiency. It's better to suffer the thaco penalty than be striking away for no effect at all. The golems aren't too hard singly.
Old 11-30-2000, 09:50 PM   #5
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Thanks guys! Your replies were extra speedy! I think I'm gonna use the tactic of stealing all the items and run like mad. I've been very well known for my abilities to flee .
Old 12-01-2000, 09:36 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

I'm not a guy
Old 12-01-2000, 03:43 PM   #7
Axis

I left the Golems alone in the Keep. Does that mean the treasure is gone? I didn't even go into that room because it looked damn scary. Please tell me I can go back and get the treasure inside!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2000, 02:12 AM   #8
Sulphur

what Melusine said.. the items there are excellent.. the bow is ■■■■■■■ helpful and so is the Hammer.

NP: Thunderbolt - Black Cloud over Dark Majesty (Split CD with Kataxu)

Old 12-02-2000, 02:25 AM   #9
Suul-Yinn

Axis, don't worry you can go back later. Make sure you hold your mummy's hand very tightly though...