Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: PC or console gaming?
PC gaming 29 80.56%
Console gaming 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #11
Stratos
Vampire

PC. I have gotten used to expansion packs, toolkits and the occasional goodie added in a patch. Console games feel too 'rigid' in comparison.

For sports games, consoles are a better choice than PC's, though.

[ 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 PM   #12
Lucern
Quintesson

And if we have a computer that's at all recent - we're usually ahead of consoles in the speed/graphics quality.

I like games like Gran Turismo that unfortunately don't seem interested in the PC market, and controlling them is probably easier on a console.

However, I also like strategy games, open-ended rpgs, simulation. I think the PC just plain has better options in these genres that aren't afraid to be complex and even difficult just to learn. There are always exceptions, of course (Morrowind), but modding the PC version is great fun.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM   #13
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

PC without a doubt. Nothing compares to the all time greatest RPG...Everquest. PC version of EQ is incredible, and EQ2 is going to roxor even more. Just my thought though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:43 PM   #14
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
I have been a console warrior for years and years. I just recently got a couple of very decent computers that can handle games, so, until then, I have been exclusively a console gamer. I am now beginning to regard them as equals, though.
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:02 PM   #15
Lucern
Quintesson

We know who the 1 for consoles is then [img]smile.gif[/img]

That's good, because the poll reflected that none of us ever enjoyed consoles over PCs, which is just not true!
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:34 AM   #16
Eagle eye
Elminster

Even though I only have a PC, console games need no installation and you don't have to worry about viruses... I got a pop-up a few days ago that looked just like my normal Norton A-V pop ups. It said it had located Trojan Horse. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #17
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I don't have any console, but I still like computer over console(s) tough.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:52 AM   #18
G3MM4
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It depends on the game I'm playing. I prefer to play racing/driving and sports games on a console for example, and obviously if I want to play console specific games like Zelda and so on. But I play RPGs, management and RTS games on the PC. I'll play FPS on both PC and console, since I'm not fussy about control pad use or keyboard/mouse use, I'm not fussy about that fact that most FPS controls are more responsive etc on a PC. For example, I wouldn't dream of playing Halo on a PC, since I'm very used to playing it (and prefer to play it) on a Xbox. I guess I've been playing on consoles for longer than I have played on a PC, so I voted console. OK, the PC has games coming out, but so have consoles, and I'm more interested in what's coming out for consoles than I am in what's coming out for PC. For example, Fable on the Xbox.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 AM   #19
Raumiel Hellilenda
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I voted for PC games, but it really depends. Some console games I would play on consoles, because they don't exist on PC. Such as Zelda games. So it really depends on the game. But I grew up consoleless, so I grew up with adventure games such as King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry, etc. So PC games will always hold a special place in my heart. Such as Baldur's Gate series, Icewind Dale series and Planescape: Torment. And of course, Monkey Island.

I do have a computer that is too old for newer games, though. I have been swearing pretty badly about the fact that my computer can't run Knights of the Old Republic. I love that game.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:32 AM   #20
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I would use my computer a lot more if it wasn't so...so...slow! You can't beata good strategy game on a PC.