Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-18-2003, 07:13 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Heh, I'm sure you've heard of being fashionably late it comes naturally to me . With me I fall into the same trap eeevery time. I always work out how much time I need to get there and work out exactly when I need to leave. Then I sit and relax and start doing something, like posting on here or watching TV. 5 minutes before I have to leave I look at my watch and because I'm usually enjoying what I'm doing I say to myself: "no probs, you got 5 mins till you have to leave". 6 or 7 minutes later I'll look up and then start rushing. This happens EVERY time and I never learn, it's just like I'm incurable Of course this doesn't happen in exam period or something in that case I'm usually crapping myself so I'm there 30 mins early but in every day situations it always happens.
You're not incurable - you don't want to be cured. Big difference. There is no aspect of behaviour we can't change if we really want to. You've said yourself that you can be on time in certain situations - clearly your motivation for being on time in others is not as strong.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:14 PM   #12
wellard
Dracolisk

Just a post to say

Awesome new Sig DK [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-18-2003, 07:26 PM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

love it /)K
on a side note, wonder if Vaskez would be late for his own funeral??
Old 09-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #14
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
love it /)K
[img]tongue.gif[/img] it's not nice to joke about other people's deaths
Old 09-18-2003, 07:58 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
love it /)K
Probably, might have trouble trying to balance that block of cheese on his head getting there

Quote:
You're not dead yet are you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 08:03 PM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
quote:
love it /)K
Probably, might have trouble trying to balance that block of cheese on his head getting there

Quote:
You're not dead yet are you? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]It's alright for you, you've still got a decent avatar! I'm not quite dead yet but Stormy is already talking about my funeral...
Old 09-18-2003, 09:09 PM   #17
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Don't be bothered by it Vaskez, with enough spam you'll be able to eat through that block of cheese sooner or later
Old 09-18-2003, 09:24 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aelia, I agree with your posts on people being late and especially when they do it repeatedly or on purpose! That's a pet peeve of mine and Nacht nearly found himself dumped for doing it while we were still getting to know each other, that's how much it bothers me!

I had a boss who consistently missed appointements with people and didn't give a damn about it. He'd shrug and say 'they can make another appointment'. But he'd miss the next or be outrageously late and frankly I got sick of trying to make it sound ok with the people who were upset at being blow off like that.

To me, if you keep showing up late or don't bother to come at all, you've said quite clearly "MY time is so much more important and valuable than YOUR time so I don't need to be aware of the fact that you've been waiting around for me or that you purposely set up your day so that you could make that appointment with me." Repeatedly doing it says you don't respect the other person enough to make the effort to get there on time.

Needless to say, my love figured that out and he's rarely late to a 'date' these days. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've been thinking about a new Oekaki thread only with time and software rules implemented, like no 3-D stuff, nothing over 50 Kb, Must be done in Paint as a JPEG with so and so and no bigger than 300 by 300 pixels... it might be fun...
Old 09-18-2003, 10:18 PM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Some of my friends are always late on purpose when we arrange to meet for shopping or lunch or something, because they don't like to have to stand around and wait so they deliberately try to be last there . They've actually said this to me after I've been standing around waiting for them. Apparently they feel I enjoy it
My beloved thinks I'm nuts, but I don't tolerate that. If you prove yourself to be one of those kinds of people, I give you a period of time to arrive in, and then I leave. If you don't respect me enough that you plan to be late, I don't respect you enough to plan to be there.

*edit - apologies if this is a repeat vent*
And while I can't top Nacht nearly getting dumped for being late, I had a doctor's appointment last week. 20 minutes after the appointment time, I went to ask what time the appointment was. Ten minutes later, as I was about to leave and seek another doctor, I was seen. Apologies for delays because of their processes didn't help me feel better. As I was leaving, the doctor waived the charge for the visit -- said I shouldn't have waited that long. And then he told me to get my co-pay check back from the receptionist, too.

Darn it! He almost completely obliterated a good head of angry steam!

I find it refreshing when professionals treat their customers (not patients, customers) with the same respect they desire. Guess I'm going back to him...

[ 09-18-2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.