Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 AM   #1
Red Onion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Alright, I'm under the graveyard in Chapter 6, dealing with Bohdi's minions on my way to her, with the help of Drizzt and the Shadow Thief representative. The problem is that Drizzt and the Shadow Thief keep disappearing on me. My character is a Stalker, so a big part of my strategy involves Hiding in Shadows and doing reconaissance while my party hangs back ... but when I return, Drizzt and the Shadow Thief are gone (everyone else is still there, right where I left them). Is this supposed to happen? Is their help only very, very temporary? I've only just picked them up ... I'm barely into the lower level at all. Any thoughts? Might it have something to do with my Hiding in Shadows ... maybe they wander off when they can no longer see me? If so, I don't know where they can be getting to, because I can't find them.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

They will help you until the 'final fight'. They shouldn't disappear like that. Have you checked the battle text; they might have wondered off to kill some enemies. Otherwise; it's no big deal, you can clear out the dungeon without their help as well.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 02:37 PM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Try going to the next level of the dungeon and see if Drizzt and the shadow thief appear.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Try going to the next level of the dungeon and see if Drizzt and the shadow thief appear.
You won't see them going down the stairs, or even standing near the stairs to go down it, but they do go down it.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:25 PM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

You see a lot of things physically impossible happning in Baldur's Gate 2
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
You won't see them going down the stairs, or even standing near the stairs to go down it, but they do go down it. [/QUOTE]Yes that's exactly what I was thinking, I'm betting if he goes down the stairs Drizzt and co will appear...
Old 12-04-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
Red Onion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Coolie! I'll head downstairs and see what's what. I guess I'll just have to deal with the upstairs minions by myself. (Hey, what's a few vampires between friends?)

(add) Where are my manners? THANKS ALL!

[ 12-04-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Red Onion ]
Old 12-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #8
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Well I think what technically happens is once you talk to them in the little room they go down to help with *Bodhi*. Once you ask for there assistance in the tomb they go straight down stairs. I have never been able to get them to help me with the little vampires on top.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:47 PM   #9
Imrahil
Elminster

Most of them do "help" a little bit upstairs, but the leaders very quickly say something like "Alright men, good work - I'll help CHARNAME from here on out...". After a couple of battles, assuming you explore everywhere you can upstairs, you'll just be left with 1 or 2 helpers who go downstairs with you. Don't worry about them too much - other than Drizz't, they aren't a lot of help anyway (& even he's not necessary).

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #10
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Fair warning: If one of your allies scores the final blow, you won't get the credit (or the experience) for it. Make sure you have your beefiest warrior right up there with Bodhi, and leave everyone else to the minions.