Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 06:40 AM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

SPOILERS

Can i side with Bohdi against the Shadow thieves, without having to worry about my reputation dropping and or losing my paladin status??

Or should I work my rep up as high as possible (20?), so if I do lose a few rep points, it wont be a problem?

I'm currently playing to games, one with a paladin (which I've already gone through the game with before), and the other with a thief. I want to do the missions as opposite as possible. Last time, I just ignored the guild war as much as possible, because I was a paladin, and didn't want to get caught up in it.

With my thief, I've decided I'm going to work with the Shadow Thieves. So, I'm willing to work with Bohdi with my Paladin, if that's possible.

BUT, THE BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS:
Will the payout (money, items and experience), be better with Bohdi, or the shadow thieves???
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:59 AM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

Paladins can side with Bodhi if they wish: there's no REP drop if you do. After all, the Guild War is a secret, underground war, so almost no-one'll know if you're involved or not. Those who DO know - Shadow Thieves - will attack you on sight, naturally. The main danger comes from certain good NPCs who may leave the group if you continue along that path. And, of course, if you're roleplaying your character correctly you're unlikely to side with a Vampire...

I believe the payout in terms of cash and equipment is higher if you side with Bodhi, but you get more XP if you help the Shadow Thieves. Plus another useful bonus later on in the game, but I'll let you find that one out.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:16 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

I believe the payout in terms of cash and equipment is higher if you side with Bodhi, but you get more XP if you help the Shadow Thieves. Plus another useful bonus later on in the game, but I'll let you find that one out.
No. You pay the say amount of money.->15k GP`s.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:27 AM   #4
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

I think Tancred was referring to the amount of money you get back from siding with Bodhi, not how much you had to pay to side with her.

[ 08-16-2003, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: pcgiant ]
Old 08-16-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hmm. Now I`m confused.

Tancred?

[ 08-16-2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:24 PM   #6
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Paladins should NOT side with vampires. That's totally against their character. Some NPCs will leave the party. Keldorn is one, I don't remember if others do. ANd also...

SPOILER
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
In Chapter 6, you have to kill Bodhi, so if you sided with the thieves, they'll help you fight her.
Old 08-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Whoa, Keldorn leaves if you side with Bodhi??? When? I have him and I'm sided with her .
Old 08-16-2003, 04:26 PM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

You must have EoU or Baldurash installed then.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #9
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Hmm. Now I`m confused.

Tancred?
?!? No, I'm not referring to EITHER... I'm merely saying there's more loot to steal/liberate if you side with Bodhi and complete her missions than there is if you fight alongside the Shadow Thieves and complete theirs.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:34 PM   #10
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Hmm. Now I`m confused.

Tancred?
?!? No, I'm not referring to EITHER... I'm merely saying there's more loot to steal/liberate if you side with Bodhi and complete her missions than there is if you fight alongside the Shadow Thieves and complete theirs. [/QUOTE]That is what I meant, sorry if I didn't make it clear.