Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 04-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #1
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

During Icewind Dale II installation process, a unexpected message appeared: a file named GUImos.bif (consisting of, more or less, 28 Mbs)could not be intalled due to "(...) corrupted file or media (...)". I simply ignored it and continued the process. A "long" time later, already in the game, I discovered, in an extremely frustating way, that I could not proceed. That, because the file named above seems to contain "something" needed to create the game area, toward which I was moving.

I seriously need serious help.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:07 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You should have broken off the instalation when the message first showed, something like that just can't be right. I don't know if there's some kind of repair option if you have the disc in the drive (like MOHAA has for instance), otherwise there's nothing left to do then uninstall the whole deal and try to reinstall again.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #3
Raistlin Majere
Ra

yeah, thats a bummer alright. I had the same thing with Neverwinter Nights...well, s**t happens, but we learn from our mistakes. Though you have to reinstall, the saves might not be corrupted, so you might be able to continue after you reinstall...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The savegames have no reason to be corrupted, but maybe one of your cd is, and if so, you'll have to replace it...
Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try copying the cd onto your HD (space permitting). If the copy command stutters at the same file, then your cd is bad and you will have to go back to Iplay for a replacement. Check your cd for cracks or scratches, and try cleaning the cd device if it is older.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling - see if the problem persists. I believe that you can also try copying the cd contents onto your HD and then try installing from there. This was listed on the Iplay forums as a possible solution IIRC.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

I already tried to re-install the game time and again, but the same "trouble" message appears. I also already tried to copy the hole CD to my HD, and succeeded; but during the installation...

Beleive me when I say: there is NO way I could get another copy of the game. It was REALLY hard to find and buy it. And... none of the enterprises involved in the game developing and distribution offer support inside my country.

Still... not YET hopeless...

(EDIT)

This is the message that appears:

CRC error: The file D:\icewind2_1\Data\GUImos.bif doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from wich you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

CANCEL REPEAT IGNORE

[ 04-28-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Krowlars ]
Old 04-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Try all you can to fix it. If it doesn't work, PM me your info, and I'll mail you a copy of the CD. Provided you bought it legally, you are entitled to a copy -- which I'll be happy to provide to you. (These game companies should pay me for these services.)
Old 04-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #8
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

do you have the english version? if so, i can e-mail you the file (if you have a large enough mailbox) or i can set up an ftp server so you can download it from me.
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #9
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

I have bought the english version of the game.

My e-mail box does not hold enough space to receive the problematic file, even less the hole CD... So, please, if anyone of you could create a FTP service, I beleive that would allow me to download the needed file(s).
Old 04-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #10
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

ok, the ftp server is up and running:
username: icewind
password: dale
IP: 213.161.13.31
port: 32323
i have the file from the patched and the unpatched version (though they are the same size so i guess the patch doesn't even change it), just download the one you need. just in case you're not too familiar with ftp clients, here's the direct link - ftp://icewind:dale@213.161.13.31:32323

oh yeah, in case you can't connect... i just installed a new firewall and i'm not sure if i set it up correctly to automatically allow access to the ftp. let me know if the server is unreachable and i'll disable the firewall (or figure something else out [img]smile.gif[/img] )
frudi_x is offline   Reply With Quote