Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-05-2001, 10:28 AM   #11
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

In one of the hidden dungeons in sewers of the temple district.
(beware the ilithid!)

------------------
You and Boo and I, hamsters and rangers everywhere rejoice" Minsc
Old 10-05-2001, 10:32 AM   #12
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Barloc:
Crom Faeyr is nice with the 25 strength ability (meaning more damage and better chance hit) and it kills some types of golems. however, it takes some nice items to make it

Flail has + elemntal damage + slow and can be upgraded.

Which would be better, and no, I won't be dual weilding.

Crom Faeyer is probably the best all round weapon and weak clerics can use it.
i.e.Viconia

Old 10-05-2001, 10:37 AM   #13
ReGiN

Well...I think it's a easy choice....if you have crom fayer you have 25 in strength right, not only is that the best strenth you can get from items in the GAME, but it also means you do allot more damage to your enemies...I personally think Crom Fayer and Blackrazor is the best thing to dual-wield, but since you're obviouslyy not going to do that...I'd go with Crom Fayer..

Old 10-05-2001, 11:02 AM   #14
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Of course Crom Faeyr is better. IT kills some very strong creatures with one shot. And the 25 Strength is just awesome. It seems to be dealing some lightening damage too. But it does take some nice items to make it. Still, an awesome weapon.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:48 AM   #15
Byronas

Well I think the best choice is the Crom Fayer. With the 25 at strength and with the one hit down at Golems and Trolls it becomes the best weapon in the game!!!!
As for the Flail of the Ages, as Bruce The Aussie said, can be upgraded at TOB and become Flail of the Ages +5!!!!!

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

Old 10-05-2001, 03:45 PM   #16
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I dissagree, my fiaghter uses the Flail of ages +5 and he kicks ass with it!, i never made the Crom, so i cant say about that one, all I know is the flail is awsome with 5 stars in flail skill. And u can also kill trolls with the flail beacuse of the acid and fire damage.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:22 PM   #17
Tuor
Elminster

Use the flail at first then switch to Crom Faeyr.

I did that but I did dual wield them eventually with my 9th level fighter/ 35th level cleric dual class in ToB.

Incidently there is a really good hammer in ToB so you can get away with dual welding hammers if you want to.

I think the slow effect of the flail is a great balance as is the extra damage against stoneskinned mages.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:50 PM   #18
Thrawn
The Magister

Flail of age +5

Equipped Abilities:
Free Action
5% bonus to Magic Resistance

Combat Abilities:
33% chance each hit that target will be slowed (no saving throw)

THACO: +5 bonus
Damage: 1D6 + 6, +2 Acid Damage, +2 Cold Damage, +2 Fire Damage, +2 Poison Damage, +2 Electrical Damage

crom:
Special Abilities:
grants 25 Strength
kills Stone Golems, Clay Golems, Ettins and Trolls
Thac0: +5 bonus
Damage: 2D4 + 3

check the elemental damage on the flail of age, that's sweet about 1D6+16 total and that's not including your str, nor the 33% chance of slow

the crom got 2d4+8 including the +5 electrial damage but not including str bonus, and i always have one of my tanks dual the flail of age +5 and the crom now u got +25 str bonus plus the sweet damage of flail of ages.

(doh thought it was 35% not 33% chance of slowing)

[This message has been edited by Thrawn (edited 10-05-2001).]