Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 06:42 PM   #11
Rikard

Get level 50 patch
AS then you will be able to cast level 7,8,9 spells when you have too (about level 21 for l7, 25 for L8

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame

Old 05-03-2001, 06:51 PM   #12
Lord Shield

Sorry, Epona, but I agree with Caleb. Bards suck big hairy windbags, although a mate fo mine swears by the Blade as his first character (mind you, this isn't solo, and he hasn't finished it yet)
As for role-playing, I find druid-classes are good for that (can you really play through as a conservationist the whole time?) as are the Clerics

Old 05-03-2001, 07:15 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

I suppose as a would-be musician and singer, I identify with the bard as a character.

Treehugger I can empathise with too, so I'll agree with the druid thing.

Can't see myself as a priest though...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-03-2001, 07:36 PM   #14
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

I hate to admit it, but I have tried to solo as a Jester.

It's a great load of fun! You have to be able to laugh at yourself though - it can get really tough trying to make it as a singer in Amn. The idea isn't to power through as a supermage or a berserk killing machine every time (we've all done those right?)- it's kinda fun to be puny. Makes you think harder. Waaaay harder.

One useful spell is Melf's Minute Meteors, which can really put a dent in a critter. I haven't really found the bardsong property to be particularly helpful though. If you pickpocket things, econonic advancement becomes easier.
Old 05-03-2001, 07:51 PM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Bardsong is of little use when you're soloing IMHO.
Even if you're a Jester with confusion bardsong, you can't sing and do anything else at the same time... and as soon as you stop singing to pick up your sword the confusion ends.

And of course normal bardsong only works to increase your allies combat rolls, so if you have no allies there is no point. But this is a fairly minor point as far as I am concerned. A bard is a bard and that's all you need

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-03-2001, 09:00 PM   #16
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe, actually the Jester bardsong IS useful. Just cast invisiblity on yourself and start singing. U stay invisible and all your enemies will kill each other- u should be able to finish the last one off.

Throntar- BSR is still around. He posts at the Elysium:

http://www.the-elysium.co.uk/cgi-bin.../ikonboard.cgi
Old 05-04-2001, 06:12 AM   #17
Killer
Banned User

but ex cap is chats but use shadow kepper for level 200

death is the way of Killer
Old 05-04-2001, 06:32 AM   #18
Lord Shield

The thing I like about thieves is their ability to take out adventurer groups without using magic. In the Sewers, Lord Raptor softened them up with a few spells. More fun than that, was running round the sewers, hiding in shadows, doubling back to backstab, and legging it again. Mind you, I had modified Lord Raptor's speed in Shadowkeepr (got fed up walking through corridors slowly) - to do this effectively, you'd need the Boots/Speed. How would you do the areas where, as soon as you enter, there are hostile critters, though? (e.g., entrance to the Planar Prison?) - Potion/Invisbility maybe? They have Truesight I think

Old 05-04-2001, 09:01 PM   #19
Tom
Elminster

But still, a skald special ability is to help allies, but soloing it would have no allies!

So i find it impposible!