Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 04:39 PM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

If for whatever reason you can't "see" the secret door, then set your thief to "Detect traps" and it should show up pretty quickly.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-09-2001, 04:43 PM   #12
Gimlee
Elminster

It is sunray. You only have to click on the sunray symbol in your use item button. Then, let the undead fall down. (it can make damage up to 1000 to an undead creature)
Old 04-09-2001, 05:11 PM   #13
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by samoza:
once u actually get the daystar how the hell do u get its special spell thing to work(cant remember wot it is called is it false dawn or summit?)- neway thats not the point i click on it and nothing happens.
Click on the "Use Item" button at the bottom of your screen and there should be a spell icon for Sunray. Press the button and wait for the character to cast it. This spell takes a *long* time to cast. If you aren't patient and you give the character another command to do something else, the Sunray casting will be aborted. Have patience grasshopper...

------------------

My *God* man...would you *please* eat something!?
Old 04-10-2001, 01:58 PM   #14
samoza
The Magister

ok cheers, just started again but ill go strait to the inn to get it when im out of the dungeon
Old 04-10-2001, 03:22 PM   #15
hayoo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another way to get daystar.
cast a invisble spell and haste on your thief, go inside and open the locked chest to get daystar, then running out.
you can kill the lich more easily using the daystar.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:09 PM   #16
Lord Shield

The funny thing about waiting outside an area for defences to go down is that sometimes the critters follow you. I had a lovely fight with the Pit Fiend in the crowded tavern (I left the tomb once the Firestorm spell started). The best crowd-pleaser was a wizard I had to fight in the Copper Coronet. I managed to angle myself so that his Cone of Cold hit the patrons in the bar - hee hee!

Old 04-10-2001, 07:32 PM   #17
BG2SOA

Yes the same thing happened to me.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-11-2001, 03:36 AM   #18
Cayle
The Magister

I had a similar experience (multiple times/reloads ). I took a 7th level (~200k exp) party to the inn to tackle the daystar lich. It was the lowest level that I ever tried a lich, my previous lowest was my first lich encounter with the elemental lich (just stumbled into him, had not heard of kangaxx or his quest at this point).

Anyway, on one of the various occasions, the pit fiend followed me into the tavern and then chased me into the street. Another time, the lich did the same. He massacred the people in the tavern, then he followed me into the street. There he dominated Aerie and my PC. The gate gaurds then killed her and went after the lich (their mistake). Quite the rumble It is not every day (even in Athlaka) that there is a street battle involving a lich in broad daylight. Mr lich won that particular fight(big time).

I finally bagged him on the following reload. We fought in the tavern proper. The drunk died in a sunfire and the innkeeper ducked into the crypt to get away from the fight. At the end of the fight, the tavern was littered with one dead lich, one efrett (sp?), two nymphs, some kobolds, two ogres, three ogrillions, three brown bears and a half dozen skeletons. Quite the mess if you ask me.

------------------
- Cayle
Old 04-11-2001, 08:16 AM   #19
Lord Shield

You've just given me an idea about organising such a street fight and taking a screenshot. Of course, it shall feature Lord Raptor the Chicken Avenger