Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-02-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

WHat are your thoughts on people who own pirated copies of the RPGs? I mean that if there was a RPG fan that owns pirated versions of many CRPGs but wouldn`t say or ask anything like "Where to download BG 2" or give a link, would he receive less respect from you(most certanly would from most members) or be even banned from the forum?
Just curious..
Old 08-02-2002, 07:36 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

What anyone does in the privacy of their own homes is up to them. As long as they adhere to the ToS rules on IW they will be fine.

However, if anyone comes here and starts boasting about how they never buy a game and only get pirated copies they will get nuked pretty quickly.

Hope this helps.

[ 08-02-2002, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 08-02-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
What anyone does in the privacy of their own homes is up to them. As long as they adhere to the ToS rules on IW they will be fine.

However, if anyone comes here and starts boasting about how they never buy a game and only get pirated copies they will get nuked pretty quickly.

Hope this helps.
Hmm, ok. Thanks for the quick reply, Mousey [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 08-02-2002, 08:10 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Galadria says that she saw Z ban a guy when he bragged about pirating ToB. Mna, what a lame game to get banned over. He could have had my (legally purchased from Amazon) copy for free.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I support Mouse's post...

I was going to say more, but realized that there is no better way of putting my thoughts together in a more suitable fashion than has already been done.

Old 08-03-2002, 01:33 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well, if they do want to discuss piracy, i suggest just posting something about "wishing to discuss about piracy on a certain game" and fix it out through email or chat. (the post is to get the attention). thats my suggestion

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-03-2002, 07:30 AM   #7
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
well, if they do want to discuss piracy, i suggest just posting something about "wishing to discuss about piracy on a certain game" and fix it out through email or chat. (the post is to get the attention). thats my suggestion
I disagree - I would suggest the piracy suggestion be started in PM rather than in a thread

Old 08-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
I disagree - I would suggest the piracy suggestion be started in PM rather than in a thread
well, you do have to make a simple thread to announce your intention, i think its kinda improper to PM all the people in IW... aside from PM'ing all the nearly 10000 members, that would be a pain to your fingers and keyboard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 08-03-2002, 08:44 AM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

There was a guy on the NWn forum who had a probably copied version of NWN and couldn't play online-no CD key. So he asked if anyone would *chuckles* give him their CD key so he could be a happy little pirate. I think that's just wrong. I might occasionally copy music CDs as long as my dad or mum bought them first 'cos we're not made of money here

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:50 AM   #10
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
There was a guy on the NWn forum who had a probably copied version of NWN and couldn't play online-no CD key. So he asked if anyone would *chuckles* give him their CD key so he could be a happy little pirate. I think that's just wrong. I might occasionally copy music CDs as long as my dad or mum bought them first 'cos we're not made of money here
even if you didn't copy CDs you can usually find music files on the net using Kazaa or something

To be honest I think pirates are damn cheeky to request registry numbers of other people who HAVE paid FULL whack for their own games