Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-16-2001, 12:48 AM   #1
Dana
Welcomed New User

As I play through again, I am trying to do as many sub quests and character interactions as possible. In doing so I find I am switching party members around as often as my drawers. My problem is this: at one point I let my rep get to 19 (BOO< HISS!) and Vic and Ed started complaining. So I booted everyone out of the party but them, and discreetly lowered my rep back down to 5. So now they should be happy, but when the time came that I had to temporarily drop one or the other of them, they ditch for good. How can I get them back to happy status? Do they have to be at the low rep for a certain period of time or can you never remove them from your party after your rep spikes that awful 19?
Old 09-16-2001, 12:59 AM   #2
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

This all depends on their allignment.You can remove them if you want.
There is also a patch that you can use for a happy party no matter what, but this could reduce the playing enjoyment if you haven't been through once already.

By the way, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 01:15 AM   #3
Dana
Welcomed New User

Yes, yes, thank you for the welcome. I think you misunderstand my question, though. I know how aligment and reputation interplay. The situation is this: in my group are Vic and Ed. I let my rep spike 19 b/c I wasn't paying attention. I lowered my rep to 5. Now I need to temporarily leave Ed behind, but when I remove him he says "I'm tired of you idiots anyway!" (Maybe my INT is too low, LOL) and he hauls off into the great unknown. So my question is how to get him happy enough that I can remove him and get the "Meet at CC / Wait right here" dialog options again. I know I could stick him in a room and do the remove, pause when I come back, and control-something to re-add him to the party, but there has to be a way to make him happy again. Surly Thayvians! Vic does the same thing if I try to remove her. Why oh why did I have to be such a goody two shoes? I noticed that the NPC reaction to a very high rep wasn't instant, so does that mean that the return to the happy state is time based also? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 09-16-2001, 04:19 AM   #4
Luther
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
Yes, yes, thank you for the welcome. I think you misunderstand my question, though. I know how aligment and reputation interplay. The situation is this: in my group are Vic and Ed. I let my rep spike 19 b/c I wasn't paying attention. I lowered my rep to 5. Now I need to temporarily leave Ed behind, but when I remove him he says "I'm tired of you idiots anyway!" (Maybe my INT is too low, LOL) and he hauls off into the great unknown. So my question is how to get him happy enough that I can remove him and get the "Meet at CC / Wait right here" dialog options again. I know I could stick him in a room and do the remove, pause when I come back, and control-something to re-add him to the party, but there has to be a way to make him happy again. Surly Thayvians! Vic does the same thing if I try to remove her. Why oh why did I have to be such a goody two shoes? I noticed that the NPC reaction to a very high rep wasn't instant, so does that mean that the return to the happy state is time based also? Any input would be appreciated.
I do think it is timed based. I got bored once and went around killing every civilian I saw (with my good party) and it actually took quite some time with a reputation of 1 before my good compadres ditched me.