Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
Animal
Gold Dragon

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Why don't people use turn signals when driving? It's not like their an option, they come from the factory standard, they're in your vehicle for a reason, SO USE THEM! And by the way, signalling after pulling into a different lane does not count.
Somebody cuts you off and they finger you, get all pissed off like it's your fault they cut you off. Yeah, okay...cause I made you cut me off. Probably the same people who think the amber light means speed up.
So somebody rearends me a few months back. We're in a school zone, which happens to be a construction zone at the same time. I'm doing 30 km/h, the legal limit in school and construction zone, and this moron comes flying up behind be like he's Mario Andretti. I stop, he doesn't. Now ICBC decides to double fault both parties, claiming it's partially my fault for stopping? WTF?
So now I have to waste a hole crap load of time and money fighting this stupid case just so my insurance won't go up a measly $90 a year. It's going to cost me more than that in legal fees.
It's obvious they're trying to scoop money from both people, knowing full well most won't fight it because of the minimal hike in insurance but that's BS, it's the principle of it. How can it possible be partially my fault for stopping?

Okay, I'm done.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:02 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

if you really want to blow your temper, try driving here in the philippines. you can find swerving cars all the time everywhere. you would be surprised.

seriously, it sucks when people are trying thier very best to suck you dry of your hard earned money. makes me feel wanting to bash them all for thier greediness.

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-06-2003, 09:09 AM   #3
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

It's because they think they own the road.
Now really, Animal, it's very rude of you to drive on THEIR road, what's wrong with you [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Seriously, though, I used to date a funeral director, and I can't tell you how many "clients" he'd get that were either people that had diven aggressively or we killed by someone else driving aggressively. He got more of those then Drinking & Driving victims.
Sorry about the insurance thing. I know that sucks. Here in NY, it's a no-fault state, so it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, if I get hit, it goes on my insurance.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
Rokenn
Galvatron

You know what tee's me off even more, is when you you signal to change lanes and the dork 4 car lengths back in the lane you are changing to speeds up to keep you from changing lanes, since she/he can't bear to have someone ahead of them [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2003, 11:47 AM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I always obey traffic laws and signal... then again the maximum speed limit here is 25, and that's on the freeway...
Old 05-06-2003, 11:51 AM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Living in a large city, turn signals are a must. Concerning lane change, btw, they are not a request, but rather a fair warning.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #7
MagiK

In answer to the original question....I would have to say the biggest problem is that your average idiot is not far removed from your average person [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #8
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ummm just curious, what was the reason you stopped?
Old 05-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh man, I agree. What I REALLY hate is when they turn their blinker on AS THEY TURN. Uh, that is defeating the purpose...

Here is another Rant I have: People that flick cigs out the window. They think the world is their private dump. I always feel like ramming them when I see that. Look, if you smoke, use your damn ashtray. Anyone else hate that too?

Since I started Smoking (around 18-19) and up to the current day, I have NEVER thrown a cig out the window. (And in Florida, that crap starts forest fires).

Always wish I had a Hummer, and smash into their car or SUV [img]smile.gif[/img] when I see people doing that.

[ 05-06-2003, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #10
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Here is another Rant I have: People that flick cigs out the window. They think the world is their private dump. I always feel like ramming them when I see that. Look, if you smoke, use your damn ashtray. Anyone else hate that too?
Couldn't agree more. That sucks, dude.
A few months ago I was driving down the motorway after visiting some friends. Some idiot changes lanes and totally cuts me off, and if that wasn't enough, five seconds later someone throws an apple core out the passanger window. The thing lands right on my windscreen My profanities got a real work out that day