Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-08-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Go to this site and have fun browsing through the errors that were made during movie making.

Example #1: Return of the Jedi: In the scene where Han Solo is frozen in carbonite, he is wearing brown trousers, BUT when he is rescued in Jabba's palace, he is wearing blue trousers with a yellow stripe.

Example #2: Lord of the Rings: In the scene where Sam and Frodo are in the field with the scarecrow, you can plainly see a car cruising past in the distance, from right to left.

Example #3: Harry Potter: At the start of term feast, after Harry is sorted into Gryffindor, he sits down on the right side of the table next to Ron. When the feast appears, Harry is on the other side of the table, next to Hermione.

Movie mistakes

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 01-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Yeah, there are some surprising slipups in films, even given the extensive shooting schedule that usually includes hundreds of small, noncontiguous takes. I remember a horrible Italian gladitorial movie from the 1950s, set in Ancient Rome, that plainly showed telephone poles in the background. And there was even a Laurel and Hardy feature where the director's clapboard (that old standby, a small slate with the take info on it, and a striped bar that "clacks" at the beginning of shoot) lying on a table in full view!
Old 01-08-2002, 12:40 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

My personal favourite movie site is the Internet Movie Database.
Search for a film, then use the menu at the left of the page - trivia, goofs and quotes sections are particularly worth checking.

http://us.imdb.com/ for US site

http://uk.imdb.com/ for UK site

(both sites are the same, but 'mirror' sites for quick access)

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Epona ]

Old 01-08-2002, 02:00 PM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

nice one larry!!!

But if it is LOTR mistakes you are after, just ask Donut!!!

He is a master of them, and , he found them all himself
Old 01-08-2002, 06:02 PM   #5
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Heya Larry!
I think the film with the most errors, from what I read in the newspaper here, was Gladiator or something. I must admit, a lot of the things there were pointing out, were things like "The sword which Maxamus was wielding in the second Arena scene, was not invented until fifty years after the event was supposed to take place", so not really a blooper type thing. But the number of errors was 200+.

I must admit that I didn't notice any major bloopers in Lotr, but then again, I wasn't actually looking out for them either

::Argh:: Having just read the list of top bloopers, I see that Gladiator had but 95... oh well, not to worry

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: sylent ]

Old 01-08-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
nice one larry!!!

But if it is LOTR mistakes you are after, just ask Donut!!!

He is a master of them, and , he found them all himself

Actually, by comparison LOTR had few mistakes compared to other movies - iirc 37. Titanic otoh had something like 150?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:15 PM   #7
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:

Actually, by comparison LOTR had few mistakes compared to other movies - iirc 37. Titanic otoh had something like 150?

Modern filmmakers (with some notable exceptions) aren't particularly concerned with rendering accurate detail of the past. There's some film out now, for example, (Someone and Alexandria?), that has a time traveler who goes back to 1880. He corrects an operagoer about Puccini's opera, La Boheme--a little touch of atmosphere that would be more effective if only Puccini didn't compose the work sixteen years later.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:03 AM   #8
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

LOL LOL LOL! Good page Larry [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] ! That site made me laugh all the time.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:18 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

My favourite nitpick is from the film 'North by Northwest'. In a scene in the restaurant at Mt Rushmore Cary Grant and Eva Marie-Saint are having an argument. In the background a small boy is watching and all of a sudden he sticks his fingers in his ears. Seconds later Eva pulls a gun from her handbag and fires it. The boy had obviously remembered how loud it was.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show