Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-04-2001, 08:06 AM   #41
Gray Mage
Banned User

Hi, all what a great thread, I have a question far all you ladies out thewre. I need help. What do you say??
>
>
>
How does one get ones wife to play games like BG2???
I'll even send her email address so you guys can tell her how much fun it is. So any takers??

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"
Old 04-04-2001, 08:12 AM   #42
Sir_Tainly

GM, best metaphor is pretend your pushing drugs... no thats a really bad metaphor doh

What I meant is start on soft stuff, e.g. Harry Potter "Fantasy" books, then work up to some Forgotten Realms, simulataneously start her on computer games (if she doesn't play already) The Sims is a good game for the ladies - well most of my female friends like it (Haven't we spoken about the Sims b4, or am I mixing you up with someone else?) then the culmination will be you wife wanting to play BG2
-------------------------------------------------
This message was produced by a monkey.
Any human-readable phrases are pure coincidence.

You agree to indemnify the monkey and its servants or agents and
to hold the monkey and its servants or agents harmless from and against
any loss, damage, liability, claim or expense resulting from its
negligence, errors, or omissions.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 04-04-2001, 08:19 AM   #43
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hook her up into a network play, make her feel the rush of the hunt as she strays into a dark corridor, seeing her prey flee overthe grouns, easy spraying it with bullets, lether howl in glee with her fallen enemy, and charge after the nest one! In the blood lies the hunt, the prime'''Er sorry, got a bit carried away there *

Well ehrm, thoose gals I know of playing DoD have started out with fantasy books and then onto tabletop and then into the realms of computers! (Helps to have a friend knowing how to tweak them to give ém what they want!) Wel lsooner or later they howl as great as I do when they put there first victim to the ground!, a howl fr the hunt, to scare their.. *sorry again hehehe...*

Well I think you get the point! ut be warned, if you "teach" her to play BG2 you might loose your computer forever! Never underestimate the female wolf, she bites as hard as her next wolf!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-04-2001, 08:20 AM   #44
Sir_Tainly

The above message was meant to be a humourous piece, not an instruction manual, as I not qualified to write those

Come to think I don't have a license for my humour, I know I need one.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-04-2001, 08:22 AM   #45
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well I think you get the point! ut be warned, if you "teach" her to play BG2 you might loose your computer forever! Never underestimate the female wolf, she bites as hard as her next wolf!

Never teach them RISK, or you'll find you are dating Ghengis Khan in a frock!!

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick

Old 04-04-2001, 08:29 AM   #46
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Never teach them RISK, or you'll find you are dating Ghengis Khan in a frock!!

LOL

Where do one aplly for a humor license??? Could use one to, for me and my sockeating friend back home..

------------------

Old 04-04-2001, 08:35 AM   #47
Gray Mage
Banned User

The only computer gaming she does is AOL.....that's all nothing else.

it's so frustrating!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-04-2001, 08:47 AM   #48
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
The only computer gaming she does is AOL.....that's all nothing else.

it's so frustrating!!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Well to be honest GM my friend, I donīt have a clue but in my experience women who just let them be, can be as childishly fond of things as we boys, ehr I mean men can be..

Well an exampel, when I were together with my exgf we visited another couple and had a few laughs and the guy and I started to play virtua fighter, and the girlssat in the sofa telling us how childish we were and imature bla bla bla and after awhile my friend,tired and let them play a match against each other..

Well we didnīt play anymore that evening cause the girls should only play "one more" ao we went out drinking a couple of beers instead..

Real life story, having no connectio with anyone here, and not berating anyone.
But let her try, mostly she might be afraid to make a fool out of herself or not feeling comfortable with it, or she might just think it really is crap

?? someone understood that one??

------------------

Old 04-04-2001, 09:17 AM   #49
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well to be honest GM my friend, I donīt have a clue but in my experience women who just let them be, can be as childishly fond of things as we boys, ehr I mean men can be..

Well an exampel, when I were together with my exgf we visited another couple and had a few laughs and the guy and I started to play virtua fighter, and the girlssat in the sofa telling us how childish we were and imature bla bla bla and after awhile my friend,tired and let them play a match against each other..

Well we didnīt play anymore that evening cause the girls should only play "one more" ao we went out drinking a couple of beers instead..

Real life story, having no connectio with anyone here, and not berating anyone.
But let her try, mostly she might be afraid to make a fool out of herself or not feeling comfortable with it, or she might just think it really is crap

?? someone understood that one??

Sound advice my friend Thank you. Someday maybe

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-04-2001, 09:25 AM   #50
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:
Sorry to intrude upon "the Sisterhood." Perhaps I should collect my "drunken" associate and depart. LOL

NO! Don't do! Want to count males as well!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale