Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-03-2001, 04:06 PM   #21
Gray Mage
Banned User

LadyWendy: is it snowing yet???

Cb: I'm still trying to track you down

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #22
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK BlackKnight, I'll try to be patient! You're right, there was my beloved Stealthy who commando charmed me! Haha!

Moiraine - Did it a few minutes ago, hope you get it!! I just hit the ol' "Reply" button in hopes I got your home address. Let me know if you got it OK? You really are an angel for doing all this!

Gray Mage - Nope. Not yet. Blizzard supposedly coming in tomorrow afternoon. But you know those, excuse my language, but... IDIOTS who predict the weather have a tendency to get everyone all hiped up for nothing. They're still saying it may pass us by. So I'll believe it when I see it! It is almost 60 degrees here today, doesn't feel much like snow weather to me!

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 04:45 PM   #23
Gray Mage
Banned User

I went to the store today andeverybody and their mother, mine too(mother-in-law) was out there cursing, pushing, panicing, about this STORM coming. OMG people are ANIMALS!!!

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-03-2001, 05:33 PM   #24
Ladyzekke

Oh man, Gray Mage, don't tell me that! I wasn't planning on going to the store until tomorrow! Sheesh, the shelves may be cleaned out by then! Wish I had my parent's snowmobile with me! Now that's some fun fun fun!!

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #25
Stealthy

Hey Ramones, only I and the BK can flirt with LadyWendy

Quote:
You could not be more right, Stealthy. After viewing LadyWendy's photo on your site I finally understand how the game designers came up with the idea for the level 7 druid spell "Natural beauty".
Jeez, why is it I have to queue behind a crowd of suitors, whichever lady I try to flirt with

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-03-2001, 05:56 PM   #26
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Now, my fair lady, why should I resent you ? Because you chose a boardname part of which has a distasteful connotation in another language, in another country's political context which you had no chance whatsoever to know about - and which, btw, most of my fellow countrymen would not have realized, either ? That would not only be very unfair but outright nonsense. If that had been the case, I would never have even bothered to explain my problem with it to you to begin with. Do not worry. Even before being smitten by your looks I was contemplating begging for your permission to set up the German section of your worldwide fanclub !

Then again, after reading chapter five of Bk's tale we all know what you should really be feeling guilty about ! Beautiful women always spell disaster for men. Sigh ...

So, actually naming you Mrs. Virginia was right on the money.

Good luck with finding a suitable, and affordable, palace for you to reside in, my Queen. How about the White House ? Sending Mr. Bush back to Midland, Texas, would be highly popular anyway, you like cats - was not "Socks" left behind there by the Clintons ? - it is at least partly adequate as a residence for someone of your importance: an almost perfect match.

Now, I am off to drown my despair that all the worthy women are already taken in alcohol ! (leaves the stage amidst a score of dramatic sighs ...)

------------------
So long !

Old 03-03-2001, 06:23 PM   #27
Ladyzekke

Aw Stealthy - You know what I told you via e-mail! And now that I've seen your new and improved photo, well! Hands down!

Ramon - I'm glad you understand re my name. I never want to offend anyone in any way. You didn't really speak too much to me after that "name" conversation so I didn't know if it was intentional or not. I am so glad to hear from you now! You are such a sweetie! I am basking in your warmth! Thanks much, you've put a smile on may face!

Yes, the White House is good! Shouldn't be too hard to send ol' President Bush back to Texas. He's not too sharp you know. Probably all I'd have to do is say something like "Hey, isn't that a Longhorn Bull over there?" and he'd wander away!

As for BK's story (at least the one we all read on the old thread, old board a while ago), I can't really think of too much to be guilty about. Poor Ladyzekke never had a chance with the lovely Cloudbringer luring all the knights in like so many flies!

Thanks for your encouragement re the househunt. Saw one today that I liked. Hubby griping though because he would have to drive farther to get to work from there. Of course, ME driving to work for the past 12 years almost an hour each way didn't seem to bother him! Anyway, this house I had a really comfortable feeling about, which I never did with the other one (the albatross). Ah well, it'll all work out in the end!

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 06:32 PM   #28
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

About the queuing, Stealthy, maybe it is just a sign of your good taste. Well, in this case it most certainly is. Btw, how about the foil as weapon of choice, when we "finally fight it out like men" ? (Wow, I always wanted to have a line like that). With the foil even a lethal stab leaves only a tiny wound that does not mess up the whole scenario too much and since you basically bleed to death that leaves time for a good old-fashioned dramatic goodbye speech:

(with the hands clenched to his breast where the blood stain slowly but steadily grows in size)

"Goodbye, my love, I shall never see the sun rise again, but without you that
would have been meaningless to me, anyway, since you are the true sun of my life ..." (well, you get the idea. - Meanwhile the audience grows slowly impatient:
"When is the bugger finally going to hit it" - except for one teenage girl in the third row who is weeping unrestrainedly into her handkerchief.)

I should really have been born into an Errol Flynn movie ...

------------------
So long !

Old 03-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #29
Moiraine
Anubis

Ramon !
Sorry, I have had NO time to answer to you about AD&D3 rules ...
I will do so tomorrow, promise, promise !

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 07:52 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Stealthy, I also think that Bk is disqualified from flirting with LadyWendy,
since he already has got Cb - well as much as any one man will ever have Cb ...

No, LadyWendy, I was speaking about the new chapter here on this forum. On Mr. Bush's ,ahem, intellectual capacity: I do not remember how it is done in the US media (when reporting from abroad), but here whenever a German White House correspondent is on to let us know what the "leader of the free world" has said they first let us listen to a fraction of the original English soundbite, then after a delay the correspondent kicks in with what is really a mixture of literal translation and summary. Anyway, ever since Mr Bush took office I have been marvelling at the sharp contrast: first I hear Mr Bush stumbling along, with a vocabulary that mostly does not exceed mine at age 11 after one year of English in school, and sounding like a schoolboy who is reciting a poem whose meaning he does not completely grasp, then all of a sudden the correspondent makes him sound not only as if knew what he was talking about but also like a genius who was admitted to Harvard/Yale - don't remember - for academic excellence and not for family/money. It is amazing !

Well, I can only hope I did not hurt any patriotic feelings here.

Btw, maybe you should let your husband know about the queue that has been forming here to make him more ready to do as you want, er, make that compromise

Happy posting and househunting !

------------------
So long !

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-03-2001).]