Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2004, 11:34 PM   #21
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

The first two questions are stupid. Does it mean the person who is second after you have overtaken them or the person who is second before being overtaken? Unless you specify, either answer could be right.
Of course, you could argue that since the question is phrased in the present tense it refers to the point of overtaking, at which point you are drawing with the person who is in second place. If you were drawing with the person who is about to be in second place then both you and the person whom you are overtaking are first. To be drawing second place you would have to have one person ahead of you. In which case the answer given to the question is right.

[ 09-09-2004, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Meg ]
Old 09-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #22
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

LOL nice Larry!

I got all of them except Bloody Mary (which I'm drinking as we speak (are we speaking?)).
Old 09-10-2004, 12:09 AM   #23
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
The first two questions are stupid. Does it mean the person who is second after you have overtaken them or the person who is second before being overtaken? Unless you specify, either answer could be right.
Of course, you could argue that since the question is phrased in the present tense it refers to the point of overtaking, at which point you are drawing with the person who is in second place. If you were drawing with the person who is about to be in second place then both you and the person whom you are overtaking are first. To be drawing second place you would have to have one person ahead of you. In which case the answer given to the question is right.
AHHHH *head blows up* lol... thats just too involved for this time of the day. In fact, for any time of the day lol. Love ya work tho
Old 09-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #24
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, it is possible to overtake the last person... depending on how you look at it. If you lap the last person, you are indeed overtaking them. And at that point, you could be in any position from first to second from last.

Unless "overtake" means something else entirely... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #25
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Actually, it is possible to overtake the last person... depending on how you look at it. If you lap the last person, you are indeed overtaking them. And at that point, you could be in any position from first to second from last.

Unless "overtake" means something else entirely... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hey, thats what I said... Am I invisible or something
Old 09-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #26
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

ah.. i got perfect . perfect 0 that is. ive seen this before but still.. ah well.

Catch me if you can..