Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2002, 12:28 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

i have thought of drawing fantasy pics(with a pencil, not on a comp). i sometimes like to draw stuff(as a hobby). once, a pic of a sword fell out of my book(what? i had nothing to do [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and one of my classmates saw it, showed it to another, and they both said that i draw swords well. that made me happy for the day [img]smile.gif[/img] and i was wondering if i could draw pics more frequently. what say you about that?
btw, if i ever draw a pic and show it through my scanner, you gotta remember that im only 13 and i am not capable of drawing a pic as beautiful as Larry did (that topic gave me the mood to talk about this [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
Old 05-30-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Frankly, I'd like to see some examples of personal artwork up here. We did that at one time last year, but then the server went down for a bit and when it came back up, I think everyone kind of forgot about it. It was a long thread, though.

If you have a place to host the image, go on and post it up. We'll need to keep it in one thread, though, so we don't have 30 art threads scattered all over the front page of GD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 05-30-2002, 02:09 PM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Frankly, I'd like to see some examples of personal artwork up here. We did that at one time last year, but then the server went down for a bit and when it came back up, I think everyone kind of forgot about it. It was a long thread, though.

If you have a place to host the image, go on and post it up. We'll need to keep it in one thread, though, so we don't have 30 art threads scattered all over the front page of GD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
-Sazerac
hmm, good idea [img]smile.gif[/img] .
though im not enough talented to be an artist, it is fun to draw em .
Old 05-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'd like it a lot to see some art as well, and hey I am the same, I love to draw but I really suck at it... it's called the "Celene Dion Syndrome"... when you love to do something but really can't do it
Old 05-30-2002, 03:29 PM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
I'd like it a lot to see some art as well, and hey I am the same, I love to draw but I really suck at it... it's called the "Celene Dion Syndrome"... when you love to do something but really can't do it
lol! i don`t belive you would draw *that* bad. i hate Celine Dion !

yay, i just drew the pic!!! but how to show it? please, help! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 05:21 PM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

hmmmm... Saz has the right idea about keeping it in the one Thread....
As an member of other art forums and messenger boards

we can do two ways: either start a thread and title it 'Show off your art Section' and members can post the pics/galleries as [ url ] instead of [ img ] coding in their messenger box... to cut down the bandwidth and easy upload.

OR...

Ziroc can create a section for fantasy artists only plus certain rules
but that's up to him.

So what do you think?
Old 05-30-2002, 09:46 PM   #7
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

I like drawing but i haven't done many fantasy pictures. One was for a character portait for AD&D (a half drow priest of bane).
And another one was of a very fine looking elf based on a picture of my girl friend in a very sex pose. I made up a cock and bull story about not being able to draw cloths properly so i left most of them out. The strange thing is her farther saw the picture and liked it, and it was a very good likeness to her!
Erm... I just had another thought. If anyone remembers most of my last posts you may think i'm only interested in sex, but i'm not. I also like beer and football. In short I'm an averaged 16 year old guy.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:05 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Hey Saz and others-- maybe we could make a area where anyone that Draws can upload their Art and anyone could show it off? I'd personally love to see all you Artists work!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-31-2002, 04:25 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Hey Saz and others-- maybe we could make a area where anyone that Draws can upload their Art and anyone could show it off? I'd personally love to see all you Artists work!!
I agree. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I would like to see something of this nature... it would be quite good to see what everyone can do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2002, 04:32 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

I think that'd be a great idea
I can do better than the mexican driver/snail, honest