Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-03-2001, 06:09 PM   #1
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I don't know as much about coding as I am sure many of you do, and I don't know if this site is reliable at all, but it is interesting none the less.

http://bluescreenofdeth.net/pages/articles/xpsource/

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-03-2001, 06:21 PM   #2
Tancred
White Dragon

Jeezus. One Operating System to Rule Them All, One Operating System to Find Them...

Tancred
Old 05-03-2001, 06:27 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL - How true Tancred!!!! In the land of WIndows where the shadows lie!!

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros
Old 05-03-2001, 06:28 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

ROTFLMAO!!!

My current reason for hating microsoft is that my version of IE5 hangs up three or four times a session (or what would be a session if I didn't have to reboot because of it). This usually coincides with me touching the keyboard or moving the mouse, so it's real useful.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-04-2001, 06:15 AM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
ROTFLMAO!!!

My current reason for hating microsoft is that my version of IE5 hangs up three or four times a session (or what would be a session if I didn't have to reboot because of it). This usually coincides with me touching the keyboard or moving the mouse, so it's real useful.

LMTO
Hmm, you should try IE5 on a Mac, then you will love Microsoft.. (Except that awful icky office programs *blääärk*)
Try Netscape, thats a real joke now adays..
Old 05-04-2001, 06:28 AM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I never buy a new version of Microsoft ANYTHING until it's out of date ... that way I figure THEY will have ironed out the problems. e.g:I'm still using Win98, which I only got last year...!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-04-2001, 07:02 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I never buy a new version of Microsoft ANYTHING until it's out of date ... that way I figure THEY will have ironed out the problems. e.g:I'm still using Win98, which I only got last year...!

Welll Win98 is the only solution yet for powergamers...
My graphicscard runs in circles arounf itself on any of the new OS´s out there, this due to Drivers that really really s**ks.. (sorry)

Well, otherwise Microsoft have made some really good things, except the newest stuff. It is not for powerusers and gamers but more for an office environment. Too many small animated thingies going off all the time.. *bla*

And all the problems with fonts and people trying to make things in office that you have to remake and work your butt off to make in time grrrr..

Erhm..
Well, a good thing is the MS Internetkeyboard Pro! Really rocks, fast good and alot of good extra buttons. PS2 and USB interface and a USB hub in it too...

??? lost myself, I´m about to go looking!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-04-2001, 08:17 AM   #8
Bleys
Dungeon Master

I used to have a hatred of Microsoft, the I started using Netscape...
Well you know about the hidden office options..

http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/campus/...0/ATT00552.gif

I don't want to link..
I will put it on a page in a sec.
Or when they let me edit my site.

This was the version I found a while ago.

One OS to rule them all,
One OS to bind them,
One OS to bring them all,
and in the Darkness bind them,
in the land of Microsoft, where the shadows lie

Three OS for the BSDs under the Berkeley,
Seven for the Microsofts in their boards of intel,
Nine for Unix Servers doomed to die,
One for the Great Linus on his wired throne
In the Land of The Net where the Hackers lie.
One OS to rule them all.
One OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all,
and in the darkness bind them,
in the Land of The Net, where the Hackers lie.

[This message has been edited by Bleys (edited 05-04-2001).]
Old 05-04-2001, 03:43 PM   #9
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

It gets worse...

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/windows/xp_piracy.html

I can't imaine this. I change my computer around at least once or twice a month. I just can't seem to leave it alone for too long before cracking the case and tweaking or fiddling with something. Now they are telling me I can't do that.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-04-2001, 03:54 PM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
It gets worse...

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/windows/xp_piracy.html

I can't imaine this. I change my computer around at least once or twice a month. I just can't seem to leave it alone for too long before cracking the case and tweaking or fiddling with something. Now they are telling me I can't do that.

Well, I don't know if the article is accurate or not, but if you get some academic software, they use this type of security feature. I had to do that when installing Microsoft Office 2000 Pro (Academic). I had it on my desktop, but figured that wouldn't work so good for school. I decided to put it on my laptop, but did not have a number available. I accidentally clicked on the phone in option/mail in option and could not get this done via the internet (it will not let you go back). I was told that as long as I use the same hardware, there isn't any problem. If I try to put it on another machine though, I will not be able to do this. I asked them, "What if I buy another computer and want to put it on." They told me this, "Because you have used all of the site licenses, you must purchase more." They weren't offering to sell me the product, but a license I could enter on another computer. Well, by the time I should get an update, I will either already have it built on the software or there will be a newer version anyway. If you buy the regular version though, you can put it on as many machines as you want. I think that was their trial run at what was mentioned there. Another way that Microsoft sticks it to the little man.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL