Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-19-2001, 04:44 PM   #1
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

I have seen lots of questions about strongholds appearing here but what I want to know is if you can have three? I am just starting a new game and I am using a multi-class fighter/mage/thief. I have read somewhere that you can get the fighter and the mage stronghold together but can you include the thieves as well? I know that you can use the console cheat to change things like that but I wanted to avoid that.
Old 08-19-2001, 06:03 PM   #2
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Why not have three instead of two? I donŽt know the answer but logically, it should work. I guess youŽll have to find out; youŽll get a lot of exp. for completing the stronghold quests, so your efforts are rewarded even if you can only get two of them.

------------------
Calvin the bold the malt beer lord is back!
Old 08-19-2001, 06:44 PM   #3
Jake
Banned User

Its hard... but im sure you can do it. I'd suggest doing the fighter stronghold first... do not exept the stronghold, or dont have nalia in your party and avoud her, you can get her after the theif and mage stronghold. Then go onto the theif stronghold and do not pay joster, sleep and sleep and sleep not paying joster, you can bribe Renald bloodscalp later, 2000 gp after the mage and accepting Nalia. Then onto the mage stronghold, finish it and exept. exept and bribe renald later. Thats how you do it, though I didn't try it myself.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

might be a spoiler.

yeah, go for the fighter stronghold first- the taxes can help offset any losses with the thieves guild. I lost 500 my first week with it.
Old 08-20-2001, 06:44 PM   #5
Jake
Banned User

I hope this helps/works Nolek.

------------------
Old 08-20-2001, 10:44 PM   #6
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the advice.
I am going to try and complete each of the missions (the hold, then the Sphere, and then the guild) without initiating dialog to prompt being offered each stronghold ( by Nalia, Cowled Wizard? and Renal ). Hopefully it will then just be a matter of having these conversatios in the right order ( I hope ).
Will let you know if it works.