Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-18-2001, 09:35 PM   #11
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Psst...Starkiller, his name is, Cernd, isn't he just the kind of guy you wanna hang with

------------------
" When I read about the evils of drinking, I quit reading "
Old 08-18-2001, 10:19 PM   #12
trux

Yoshimitsu is from Tekken. He'd fit just fine in the BG setting though, I suppose, wielding a sword and all.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-18-2001, 10:19 PM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildhorse:
I'm not too sure why you are using the word "must" as this is not the case. You can very well do all the chapters without having her in your party even a second. And if you are talking about her keep, then even more since she just joins you there if she's not on your party. They are very few characters that you "must" get in your party to do a quest. Some you will have to, some you'll simply say "No thanks, I'll do it myself".

Actually, someone corrected me on another thread. I had forgotten about that; you can just tell her to meet you there, then you never need to add her.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-18-2001, 10:20 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishHound:
Psst...Starkiller, his name is, Cernd, isn't he just the kind of guy you wanna hang with

Actually, he is referring to Anomen.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-19-2001, 10:25 AM   #15
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by IrishHound:
True, Nerull, that you can grandmaster if and only if the second class you change to is a fighter, Anomen's second class is cleric, so how are you grandmastering him? All types of characters have their strengths, you just have to see them!

Sorry, bu8t he's quite correct - I just tried it- remember that Anomen's second class has SURPASSED his first class - this means he can use ALL the abilities of the fighter class (though weapon restrictions of new class still apply) and he can Grand Master - damn! Just found that out - Flail GM, here I come

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
Lord Raptor's Site

Old 08-19-2001, 12:24 PM   #16
Kitty
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
I'm at chapter 2 and I'm 5 people Me (Fighter), Minsc, Jaheira, Aerie, Yoshimatsu. Anomen, Nalia and Korgan wants to join me.

Here's my ideas I'm waiting for your comments. It's very enjoying to hear the ideas of other people and discuss.

1-I won't take Korgan because he's evil. I'm good.

2-I'll fire Jaheira because she's multi-classed. She's not good as a fighter her STR is only 15! And she's multi-classed.

3-I'll keep Yoshi 'til I find a good thief. I'll replace her with Imoen or Jan later.

4-Minsc rocks. He's my ranger.

5-How can I kick you Aerie my love. WEll its IMPOSSIBLE to have romance with NALIA so she's fine. She's not best mage or cleric in game I know but every party needs a 2nd spellcaster. She's got lots of speels.

Well if u were who you will kick up and pick then?
Here's my suggestion:
1. I'd dump Aerie and get Anomen to replace her...but if you want to keep your romance, dump Jaheira then. You'll miss a few useful druidic spells, but IMO, this will not hurt your party that much. Anyway, you'll have two healers, which is a good idea. Just remember to protect Aerie all the way in a fight - BTW, I hate when I want to dress Aerie with a metal armor and all I get is that awful message ..."inadequate strenght"...!
2. Keep Nalia all the way. She is the best mage for good parties, with a good dexterity and a cool ring to boost her AC, a handy shot with a bow and most of all, she levels up faster than Aerie and can cast 8th level spells that can blast even the toughest enemies. And you can earn her keep since you're a fighter.
3.Keep Yoshimo until you get Imoen (don't want to spoil you that much ).Or get Jan over Yoshimo and don't pick Imoen...it's up to you.
With this party, you'll cover the basic needs of any adventuring team: thieving, fighting, healing and spellcasting. Oh, and turning undead too - BGII is crowded with undead beings!

Old 08-19-2001, 12:39 PM   #17
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you all for clearing the fogs inside my mind finally I decided! I kicked up Jaheire. Oh and I saw korgan there he said that he's got a quest (of course he didnt say in this way)) if I do his quest will my rep go down? Evþk things sucks

and is it possible to beat the game with evil side? the game will be very boring with a bad rep i think?
Old 08-19-2001, 06:00 PM   #18
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitty:

2. Keep Nalia all the way. She is the best mage for good parties, with a good dexterity and a cool ring to boost her AC, a handy shot with a bow and most of all, she levels up faster than Aerie and can cast 8th level spells that can blast even the toughest enemies. And you can earn her keep since you're a fighter.
3.Keep Yoshimo until you get Imoen (don't want to spoil you that much ).Or get Jan over Yoshimo and don't pick Imoen...it's up to you.
Again, both suggestions are very debatable. About two third of the people out there do not agree about Nalia being anywhere near a great mage or anything else for that matter. As far as Yoshimo goes, no, again no need at all to have him in your party and this will not affect at all the final outcome (without giving any spoilers).

And.. what about that last advice, not picking Imoen back? Now that is brutal, she's your sis! ;]
Old 08-19-2001, 07:41 PM   #19
LSRVIKING
The Magister

Jaheira is awesome!
Old 08-19-2001, 10:07 PM   #20
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

If you have ToB you may want to reconcuder your position, multi classed ppl get very powerfull near the end of ToB, Areie especialy (she can use lvl 9 mage spell and lvl 7 preist spells *nasty*)