Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 08:26 PM   #11
turbovee
Elminster

That's what's great about IWD. There are no NPCs to distract you and you can play with as many generated characters that you want. 1-3 for max exp or 4-6 for large party backup.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:32 PM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

LadyCloud, Heart of Fury mode is a new feature in the game. Every battle is twice( at least) as tough and you can go up to 30th level. It would be a good time to have a multi-party because any ideas would obviously help in the tough battles. Different playing styles could do well I think
Old 02-21-2001, 08:36 PM   #13
turbovee
Elminster

You're in north Carolina Right LoA? That's only a 3 hour difference and the same time zone for you and CB. Its hard to multi with Charlie, because he's an 8 hour difference from me (god why do I feel like I'm about to two time him). Maybe you, CB and I can get an IWD multi going after we all get HOW
Old 02-21-2001, 08:48 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh leaderbossman don't worry so much. We'll see what Charlie says, but he's so sweet, I bet he'll say he doesn't mind (even if he does!).

LoA, you up for a game with a total wus-type player? Uh, TWICE as hard? ACK!!!! GASP!!! I HATE red portraits! HAHAHA! Oh and leaderbossman is a real fan of RED portraits....I've had to raise Jaheira...(counts on one hand) three times, is it now, turbovee? hehehe

Truth is, the diff play styles really do work. There have been a couple battles where my strategies worked best and several where Charlie and Turbovee's plan did it faster and easier than I would have. Takes more time because we have to communicate a bit beforehand, but that's the 'reality' bit of playing multi! I'm hooked!

Leaderbossman? Can you tell me the diff btwn dsl and highspeed cable (roadrunner is in my area). I am looking at adverts for both (the dsl is earthlink so I don't know if its avail here or not, gotta check)

Wow, I'm listening to one of Yorick's cd's for the 5th time...whooooo, sigh.

CB
Old 02-21-2001, 08:50 PM   #15
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd be willing.A three hour time difference might make it workable. Maybe we can talk Charlie into taking a month off or so. By the way I have never done multiplay so you'll have to tell me how to do it.
Old 02-21-2001, 08:55 PM   #16
turbovee
Elminster

DSL is about 400 kilobits per second (kbps)compared to your 56 k with the winmodem. Cable is even faster at around 500-600 kbps (maybe higher). I chose DSL because the modem was free and the cost per month was cheaper. Cable was about 20 dollars more a month.

Do you have a CD burner? If you could send me a copy, I would really like to hear that music Yorick made

LoA: We would be playing this in conjuction with our current BG2 multi. We would just have to arrange schedules which should be easy enough considering Charlie's and mine time difference. and we would just be trading one drunk for another LOL
Old 02-21-2001, 09:05 PM   #17
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have the phone modem, will that be a big problem? All the DSL's want like $40 something per month. I take it you were talking to CB about the cd burner. I have one but havent used it. Yes I know I'm slack
Old 02-21-2001, 09:06 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LBM: no cd burner.... I didn't think of it when I got my system last year. REALLY wish I had. Did you get the files as email from Moridin or Moiraine? I have them, could send, maybe? Takes a while and they are in pieces, need to download a tool to put them together (mp3). I had trouble with that and also had no way to take the music anywhere but the computer, so Moiraine was kind enough to help me out. She's a very generous person, our Moiraine!

Well, I'm going to look into the high speed options, I guess. Now if I have to start working massive ot or another job to get the gold for this, when will I have time to PLAY?!!! deep sigh...

One drunk for another....leaderbossman, you kill me! Wait til our chief fighter/thief sees that!

CB
Old 02-21-2001, 09:09 PM   #19
turbovee
Elminster

LoA: It all depends on how your phone modem is hooked up. DSL would be a better connection, but I have had success with other players who had phone modems. CB's problem has something to do with how her modem keeps eating up her RAM. I don't know if you will have the same problems.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:10 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LoA: reg modem or winmodem? Regular modem is fine- my cheapo winmodem sucks memory like a vampire! Slows me down when lots of info has to be brought in from turbo's host machine. Like when we have 6 characters in a battle situation, all casting spells or attacking - often my screen slows up or freezes. Hasn't been too bad,lately, but it is frustrating as all get out. I got booted out of the game in mid-battle twice this past weekend!

CB