Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2000, 01:45 AM   #1
Heder

Is there any other way i can get his sword without creating it?
Does he hang around somewhere in the guildhouse when he is not busy annihilating my party?

Old 11-29-2000, 01:47 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

He's actually Mask in disguise

You can't kill him if you're in the Shadow Thieves guild. He's unkillable. Not even Lord Ao's Life Extinguisher (aka Ctrl-Y) will kill him.
Old 11-29-2000, 02:02 AM   #3
Heder

Is there any other way i can get his sword without creating it?
Does he hang around somewhere in the guildhouse when he is not busy annihilating my party?

Old 11-29-2000, 02:12 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You know what, the sword he uses in the guild KILLSW01 is not really a part of the game as such. He's a character that the designers created to prevent you from deviating from the critical path ie. by trying to wipe out the shadow thieves all by yourself. You'll notice that in Chap 6 Arkanis is actually killable, he couldn't even handle a couple of vampires and he didn't have that supersword, he had some other sword but it wasn't anywhere near as powerful.

It's annoying, I agree, detracts from the realism. The developers should've given people the liberty to screw up their game if they wanted to...
Old 11-29-2000, 02:22 AM   #5
Heder

Thanks man, you save me a lot time!

Old 11-29-2000, 03:12 AM   #6
_max_RUSSKIE

Arkanis, Arkanis,,,, hmmm the name rings a bell, only dont remember what from! PLz remind me!

Old 11-29-2000, 05:02 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You're probably thinking of Artemis Entreri, Drizzt's enemy in the Salvatore books. Has ANYONE seen him in this game by the way? His profile, hps, ability scores, inventory and all are in Infinity Explorer but I've combed the entire game for him and can't find him anywhere.