Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 04:53 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Now I just bought the Balduran Plate...for a mere 40.000- GP DAAAAAAMN that´s expensive but I guess it´s worth the money.
What is the BEST armor in the game...just refering to AC here...the extra attributes are also important to me...but they are a sub important.

DavidEddingsRules
Old 06-11-2001, 04:58 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

ITEM SPOILERS
'
'
'
'
'
With regard to AC, I think the best armour would be the Drow Plate +5... only usable by fighters paladins and clerics and multiclassed characters though.
I also love the Gorgon Plate +4, which gives a 20 % protection to acid and fire.
Also, the Dragon Scale armours are fantastic, the red gives great protection from fire, the shadow one from acid, and as an extra bonus (very important) they are not counted as magical armour, so you can use rings/cloaks/amulets of protection with it (a thief with Shadow Scale and a cloak of protection +2 has a pretty amazing AC )

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-11-2001, 04:59 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... ...

Not counting Drow Armour and Cursed Armour, then AC wise... ...
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Armour of the Hart

-2 AC

Found in... ...
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
the Underdark, in the Kuo-Toa Tunnels. The exact location, can be referenced here, but I recommend you try to find it yourself.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-11-2001, 05:34 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

In chapter 2 its got to be the red dragon scale.

------------------
Old 06-11-2001, 06:55 PM   #5
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
ITEM SPOILERS
'
'
'
'
'
With regard to AC, I think the best armour would be the Drow Plate +5... only usable by fighters paladins and clerics and multiclassed characters though.
I also love the Gorgon Plate +4, which gives a 20 % protection to acid and fire.
Also, the Dragon Scale armours are fantastic, the red gives great protection from fire, the shadow one from acid, and as an extra bonus (very important) they are not counted as magical armour, so you can use rings/cloaks/amulets of protection with it (a thief with Shadow Scale and a cloak of protection +2 has a pretty amazing AC )

I don't know about the Red Dragon Scale, but I can't use those rings/cloaks/amulets of protection with the Shadow Scale; then again, I have not only the official patch installed but also the unofficial ones from the Baldurdash site, so that might have something to do with it.

Old 06-11-2001, 09:07 PM   #6
bygones01
Dungeon Master

well it depends on the class..... thieves need the human flesh +5...
Old 06-12-2001, 07:12 PM   #7
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Red Scale armour allows of protection enchanted items. Gave my druid that and the +2 cloak, and suddenly she's a tank.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:15 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

the best LASTING armor in terms of just the armor's AC is the Armor of the Hart +3. it has a -2, but thats it. the best is actually the Red Dragon Scales because you can still use a Ring of Gaxx and a Ring of Protection+2 with it.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!