Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2000, 02:00 AM   #1
Raze
The Magister

Ok i know there are numerous post here on liches but im asking about the twisted rune gang in the bridge district.

I last fought a lich in the unseeing eye quest and that was simple but that was 1 lich not the lich in bridge district NOOOO he has to be surrounded by spell caster and wat nots and who knows wats. Can anyone pls tell me a strategy or something i can use because im realling getting grinded into the dust by this group. Btw my character are yoshimo, me (conjurer), minsc, Keldorn, Korgan, Jaheria. And they are all under lvl 14 (yoshimo lvl14)
Any help will be glady appreciated............. >
Old 12-21-2000, 02:04 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

The only thing that is a sure shot is you tackle that quest later. Do more of Umar hills, trademeet, you know, come back for it prepared and when its still though, I dont know.
Old 12-21-2000, 02:25 AM   #3
Armisael

My only advice is to take them on one at a time. Put all your weaker characters behind that openable wall in the back. Get a stealthed character to run out and initiate the lich's little dialogue, then run back into the start room. Uninvis. The lich and the assassin will attack you. The assassin is worthless, for some reason he's unarmed. The lich... you're all under level 14, so get Keldorn to use his dispel magic on the lich frequently. Attack him from long range with Jaheira and Korgan and hand to hand with Keldorn and Minsc. Use holy smites on him with Viconia. Once he's dead you only have the vampire, the beholder and the sorceress to deal with. The vampire's easy, the beholder isn't, and you can actually get the sorceress to kill herself by letting her timestop, meteor swarm and summon a pit fiend, then pulling all your characters out of the battle.

Old 12-21-2000, 07:10 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

With Liches, I have found so far two ways :

The 1st one is to make Yosimo set snares before the Lich appears (if is is in a coffin),
at the place where it appears, then summon monsters only to keep the Lich
at the same place until it dies. Though, this way, you don't get the XPs ...

The 2nd way is : you go downstairs, if the Lich is there or when it appears, you run like hell
to go back upstairs, then you wait until the spells that the Lich had cast to protect itself have expired,
THEN you can whack it to pieces, then you get the XPs !

Was it any help ?
Old 12-21-2000, 07:28 AM   #5
Kwakkie

This is indeed a hard battle, but not undoable. I did in at the end of chapter 3, with my chars at level 11 or 12. Here's what I did: after trying 4 times, I decided to use another tactic. First rule: lich and sorceress are for last. I started hitting on the beholder with my entire party, except with my one char (I'm a ill/thief like jan). Cause I'm wearing the amulet of power, casted stoneskin and attacked the vampire with my quarterstaff +4. The beholder died pretty fast, so I directed my party to help me with the vampire. While valygar kicked the assassins but pretty easy (what is this guy even doing in there) the timestops began, but I just didn't care about them. After killing the vampire, all that was left where the sorceress and the lich (2 of my team died here: jaheira and edwin, and valygar got mazed). So Minsc, Korgan and I killed the sorceress, whom was out of spells and only had some protection left, but couldn't do anything anymore. Lich held Minsc just as sorceress got killed, so I had Korgan hack the lich with an ordinary axe (those darn protections). Here I got lucky, he casted his last spells (summoning) in a stinking cloud area, so they got killed right away. He didn't have any spells left and just acted silly the whole time korgan kicked his ass. By that time, valygar returned and helped korgan with the job.

One thing I learned from all this: the maze spell can be a great advantage. It's the second time an enemy wizard mazed on of my chars, then got into mass destruction (fireball, stinking cloud, ...) and ran out of spells. He then is easy to kill when your mazed char that returns at that time...

Old 12-21-2000, 08:04 AM   #6
Armisael

You were hitting on a beholder?
Heh, sorry. Couldn't resist.

Old 12-21-2000, 11:05 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Anything that protects you from magic or increases resistance helps. Scroll of magic protection is perfect but they are few and far between. Try prot from undead as well.

Follow Bahamuts advice. You need power, and knowledge (experience) is power. Lick your wounds and return when he is but a nuisance.