Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-03-2002, 07:10 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Here's somthing funny that I just found on some guy called Brad James web site:

In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer good:

On a Sears hair dryer: Do not use while sleeping. (Gee, that's the only time I have to work on my hair!)

On a bag of Fritos: You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (The shoplifter special!)

On a bar of Dial soap: Directions: Use like regular soap. (And that would be...how?)

On some Swanson frozen dinners: Serving suggestion: Defrost. (But it's "just" a suggestion!)

On a hotel provided shower cap in a box: Fits one head. (!!!)

On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on the bottom of the box) Do not turn upside down. (Too late, you lose!)

On Marks and Spencer Bread Pudding: Product will be hot after heating. (Are you sure? Let's experiment).

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: Do not iron clothes on body. (But wouldn't that save more time? Whose body?)

On Boot's Children's cough medicine: Do not drive car or operate machinery. (We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we just kept those 5 year olds off those fork lifts!!)

On Nytol sleep aid: Warning: may cause drowsiness. (One would hope!)

On a Korean kitchen knife: Warning: Keep out of children. (Or pets. What's for dinner?)

On a Japanese food processor: Not to be used for the other use. (Hmmmmm, now I'm curious.)

On Sainsbury's peanuts: Warning: Contains nuts. (no comment).

On an American Airlines packet of nuts: Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts. (What is going on here?)

On a Swedish chainsaw: Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals. (As if you try to stop "anything" with your genitals. Maybe it's endorsed by Lorena Bobbit).

On a child's superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly. (Way to destroy a universal childhood fantasy!)
Old 05-03-2002, 07:14 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

WTF?

Why does it say this thread is called ARE PEOPLE THAT STUPID and posted by Daniel?

EDIT - This is freaky...I posted a topic, and when I returned to GD, it wasnt there. But when I clicked on your topic, my topic came up. When I replied, yours came back...and mine is gone. I wonder where....

[ 05-03-2002, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 05-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
WTF?

Why does it say this thread is called ARE PEOPLE THAT STUPID and posted by Daniel?

EDIT - This is freaky...I posted a topic, and when I returned to GD, it wasnt there. But when I clicked on your topic, my topic came up. When I replied, yours came back...and mine is gone. I wonder where....
That happened to me the other day when I went to look at Conan's Tornado Tips thread.... weird...
Old 05-03-2002, 07:22 PM   #4
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Hmmm...I had the same thing Lavindathar. Just hit the refresh button on the main screen, worked for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 05-03-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

*Cue in the music from the Twilight Zone*

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 05-03-2002, 07:33 PM   #6
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

I think I know..Ziroc, if your already in another thread and you post a new thread ...someone starts seeing Rod Sterling.. ?
Old 05-03-2002, 09:52 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*eerie music and mist surrounds the thread* BWAHAHAAHHA.... only ... the.. SHADOW KNOWS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*eerie music and mist surrounds the thread* BWAHAHAAHHA.... only ... the.. SHADOW KNOWS! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
*takes Cloudy's arm and leads her back to the padded room*

Freaky...this site is haunted by all the dead baddies people here have killled.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:04 PM   #9
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*takes Cloudy's arm and leads her back to the padded room*

Freaky...this site is haunted by all the dead baddies people here have killled.
[/QUOTE]LOL... [img]smile.gif[/img] Sadly, I'm pretty sure I've met people stupid enough to actually need those instructions... [img]tongue.gif[/img] *points inconspicously at some of his former classmates* *whistles innocently*
Old 05-03-2002, 10:44 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ive gotten those things in emails about 50 times already! Theyre always good for a laugh though