Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2001, 06:17 AM   #11
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
What is Blair thinking??? Britain has NHS problems that threaten public health, it has Rail Track sueing the government for more funds, it can't build a national stadium, the millennium dome it built is out of action because no one likes it and the millennium bridge has vibrational problems.
With NO ability to solve any of these home issues, the labour government thinks it can join America in a moral crusade against terrorism by bombing tent pegs in a graveyard otherwise known as Agfanistan.
What is Blair think????

Very well put. Also, public employees are living in dire conditions in London, or commuting 300 miles every day because the government cannot afford to fund public services - many public employees earn less than the European decency threshold, and a lot of people in my department (a central government department) barely make minimum wage. And the job of public servants becomes more and more difficult as our services are funded less and do not deliver the level of service needed. So there are crap services run by demoralised employees on poverty pay.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 09:51 AM   #12
Vampire

Yeah you tell 'em Epona!
There are protestors in Cambridge for Peace ( how naive is that?)
Old 10-09-2001, 10:01 AM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Wow! You people bash Blair pretty well and no one says shut up and support your PM. I even try that with Bush and I'm told I'm unAmerican and should be quiet and follow my government like a good dog.

Mark
Old 10-09-2001, 10:25 AM   #14
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Wow! You people bash Blair pretty well and no one says shut up and support your PM. I even try that with Bush and I'm told I'm unAmerican and should be quiet and follow my government like a good dog.

Mark

Good point, Mark. Ironic isn't it? So much for the American conceit that the US is the world's foremost bastion of free speech and thought.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:29 AM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

Mark
Yes, and yet in England we have no right to free speech enshrined in any constitution. As Dio said, "Ironic, isn't it?"

EDITING: Sorry Diogenes - do you mind being called Dio? I just went ahead and assumed, which is very rude of me

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-09-2001).]
Old 10-09-2001, 11:54 AM   #16
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Yes, and yet in England we have no right to free speech enshrined in any constitution. As Dio said, "Ironic, isn't it?"

EDITING: Sorry Diogenes - do you mind being called Dio? I just went ahead and assumed, which is very rude of me

No, I don't mind being called an Italian god. Everyone else does it anyway, so go right ahead ("Dio" means "god" in Italian according to Silver Cheetah, and I believe every word she says )

Old 10-09-2001, 04:34 PM   #17
Vampire

Today the Germans decided to co-operate with the uSA like it promised a months ago. Is this wise??? Germany has been VERY neutral up till now. This is morally correct but practically very bad. Kaz what do you think?

------------------