Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-09-2001, 05:25 PM   #11
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

aaaarg, someone please help meeee!
Old 09-09-2001, 06:49 PM   #12
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hello Player Offender!

Personally, I HATE Anomen but he's the best NPC in the game and he's much better than Viky.. He's a fighter also, he can be Grandmaster in flail, mace, hammer any weapon! His HP is GREAT, over 100. VÝctoria? 49 or 50 as I remember? More? Well, children of Baahl, please sit near the campfire and Let me share my ideas with you..

1-Cernd isn't interesting and Jaheira is a better character than him. He's not exciting. So nevermind him. He belongs to his stupid forest not dungeons

2-Yes, I heard about Jaheira is some strange kind of woman and she's not easy. She's not attractive, in my opinion. Aerie is sweet, cute and she's ELF. I like elven girls. They got long long ears you know. I whisper love words to her long long ears and err..whatever..

3-If you want a interesting character, Bard is great. Specially the SKALD kit. Jester is not useful because there's bardic instruments you can confuse your enemies. More over, Confuse becomes a mediocre spell in later stages. Blade kit sounds like fighter not a bard, and if you want an agressive character not blade, the decision must be a figter. Skald is a great bard because his bard songs effect increases as you advance level. His only disadvantage is 1/4 lore and believe me it's not important.

Are monks interesting? Yes, if you want an exotic character. His special abilities makes him special but I like to wield different swords, armors, shields. I got a knight soul more than a monk. But if you are a big Jackie Chan fan, monk is your man.

4-Personally, I like high, gold, wood elves (specially female ones but I don't like drows. I watched her burning in flames haha, die drow die! There's only 1 drow in this world I like. Who's him? You know him..

Mr. Drizzt

5-More melee fighters makes the game easier but spellcaster gives you a more strategic vision.

6-If you're playing single player, yes you can have only 1 stronghold. Fighter's stronghold is a castle and it's all yours!! You help your people etc it's very enjoying. Bard's stronghold is also really great.

7-There's no difference between keldorn and misnc in 2-handed weapon, they both can become specialized. But there's a really GREAT sword in the game and it's usable by only paladins. My main character is a fighter and I'm specializing in halberds, 2-handed swords. So my Minsc goes with dual-wielding. He's also good with 2-handed. But he rocks with great maces, flails or any sword specially Celestial Fury, my second favourite weapon. If you want a dual wielding character Minsc or Valygar is good.

There is not best fighter in the game but there's most funny fighter! He's Minsc! And Booooo! I like him very much their conversation gets great with jan

8-Equip Nalia with bow or crossbow. Jan same. Aerie and Victoria sling/mace (Mauler's Arm+2) Anomen hammer. Don't despise slings there's a +5 sling in the game which requires no ammo.

9-Traps works fine with only Yoshi. His traps are deadly and can be really useful.

10-When you want to listen Blind Guardian
During the battle.. Equip your bard with a sword and also give him a proficiency with crosbow. When he's wounded he'll hunt enemies with his ranged weapon. Crossbows are great. And thieves can't use HEAVY crossbows.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:59 PM   #13
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks man!
But can you tell me how to keep keldorn in group after imoen?
Old 09-09-2001, 08:58 PM   #14
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I have an idea. You seem to want Anomen in your party. Why don't you play as a woman and romance him?
Old 09-09-2001, 09:07 PM   #15
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

))))

Do you think you're funny?
If you think so..

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Yes you are Hell, I hate Anomen but he makes my party more funny. And u know sometimes you have to be in relationship with somebody who you dont like. THANKS GOD I'm a male and I have very good alternatives for romance, If oneday somebody cast me a spell with the nether scroll, still I can have romance with Viky drows are very free no taboos

------------------
"A silent blade does not cut always best..
A tender touch from the heart may heal the wounds of my friends..
Or a song from the heart..
A duet with nymphs..
Forget 'bout nymphs, let's play KISS!!"

-Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan
Old 09-09-2001, 09:17 PM   #16
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

And P. Offender,

You dont have to complete Keldorn's Quest. It does not gives you any reputation points and only 15.500 xp. Summon a pit fiend and kill it, it gives 16.000 xp and Keldorn is still with you

------------------
"A silent blade does not cut always best..
A tender touch from the heart may heal the wounds of my friends..
Or a song from the heart..
A duet with nymphs..
Forget 'bout nymphs, let's play KISS!!"

-Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan
Old 09-09-2001, 09:26 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Zoltan

Btw Offender, when Keldorn says he's staying until Imoen is saved, don't worry. He'll actually stay till the bitter end, since other problems crop up and it's his tormly duty to help out.
Old 09-09-2001, 10:41 PM   #18
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I love you all. You all help me! If i were gay i would give you my heart!

Now another question, i got me, swashbukcler, then anomen, keldorn, aerie, and valygar.
since i got all my utilities covered, i want another meleer. Do i take mazzy? Minsc? WHo?
Old 09-09-2001, 10:58 PM   #19
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I thought you were taking Imoen? I would take another mage, you really need a lot of magic, and Aerie levels pretty slowly. But it's your choice. I would take Mazzy over Minsc, but I'd also take Minsc over Valygar because Minsc can wear better armour and is more interesting. It depends what type of weapons you want to use - Minsc is best with 2-handed sword (IMHO), and Mazzy uses short sword (but I always give her long sword as well).

Btw you don't have to be gay to give me your heart; I'm a chick!
Old 09-10-2001, 09:20 AM   #20
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Oh Come on Mazzy is a shortling halfing you can crush her while you're walking Minsc is a great 2-handed user also dual-wielder with mace/flail he's a undead slayer. Valygar goes is also a great dual-wielder deadly with katanas so you can use celestial fire. Yes he cant wear plate but there's magical st. leather armours and you can wear dragon armor. So there's no difference between a full plate and this armor.

But in your band, you need a Primary mage. Imoen is a great choice. Kick one of your fighters and go with Imoen. (3 melee fighters will be enough -keldo,valygar(minsc),anomen) Aerie is deadly with sling +5.