Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

And just when you thought you had seen it all in threads on this forum!!! [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

For those a bit more fashion aware than myself maybe you could give some tips and answer any questions on fashion that Ironworkers have? We could make this forum the best-dressed gaming forum on the net

Q1. Are white sport socks so Michael Jackson? Are white trainers so Run DMC? What should one wear on ones feet in a casual occasion? White always seemed a stupid coulor but what should replace it?

[ 10-11-2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
mad=dog

Don't know a thing about fashion. You cannot find your personal style wearing brandware. Try not to buy things if you cannot answer the question "why should I buy this?". Do not trust advertisement or other media. They generally only stay fresh for a few months - your life lasts to the final breath. If you cannot afford to make it yourself make sure you shop around with a purpose. Experiment out of the box. Make sure you understand what everything does and why it does it. Use it to emphasize strong points and hide weak points.

[ 10-11-2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: mad=dog ]
Old 10-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't give a rats ass about fashion, and what's hip or not. I wear whatever makes me feel the most comfortable, which are usually a pair of jeans, t-shirt or sweater (depending on the weather), and Nike sneakers. Casual is my middle name.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Footwear for men: black or brown. They never go out of style. Just mind that you don't mix the two (re: pants). Navy works better with black.

Personally, I have a few pairs of shoes, one pair is grey, the other is brown/black (they work fine together on the same shoe, but they're ONLY for truly casual, like with jeans or khakis, NOT dress pants), and my dress-shoes are black.

Personally, I find that my most stylish outfits emphasize a couple of things, both dealing with color...one is black, which matches my (very dark brown) hair, or green, which emphasizes my (green) eyes...

I have VERY few stylish outfits that include the colors yellow, light blue, or red.

Also...getting clothes that fit is very important to style. Droopy clothes may be acceptable to hip-hop...but for contemporary style, wear something that feels like it was made for you.

Dear lord, I swear I'm a physicist, not a fashionista...

[ 10-11-2005, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:24 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

My usual attire: t-shirt(even in the winter. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), blue jeans, white shoes. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

WHite socks with tennis shoes, in my book. Not really with anything else.

After that, solids are better than patterns. Harder to go wrong there.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
Eagle eye
Elminster

Blue is the new white.
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:01 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:

Dear lord, I swear I'm a physicist, not a fashionista...
LMAO Ilander [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
WHite socks with tennis shoes, in my book. Not really with anything else.

After that, solids are better than patterns. Harder to go wrong there.
Sure white sock with white tennis shoes do match but is the whole white thing a bit 80's + 90's and just a tad wrong these days?

Yet if wearing shorts and trainers getting socks to match or look alright seems vey hard. Where is Dave the quack when you need him? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 05:05 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Fashion question number two [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Q2... What should be the punishment for wearing speedo's (budgie smugglers) instead of board shorts at a pool party? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 05:21 AM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
OMG - death. Yes, it sounds harsh, but then so are speedos [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

Totally white sneakers aren't really that fashionable anyway, so the white-on-white issue is a bit moot. Most trendy sports socks are short ankle socks too, so you aren't seeing a huge sea of white. This also helps the shorts with trainers dealy. Most guys are going with the jesus sandals/deck shoes/leather thongs (like you might get in Colorado [the shop, not the state]) for a casual occasion, I think. I particularly hate jeans with white sneakers. No good at all. I blame Jerry Seinfeld for that disaster.

I love clothes and fashion. I don't agree with mad=dog's "Do not trust advertisement or other media. They generally only stay fresh for a few months - your life lasts to the final breath." - what does the length of your life have to do with the clothes you wear? Are you suggesting that people should wear the exact same style for the rest of their lives? I like buying new clothes every season - I find myself getting so weary of all my old clothes by the end of winter or summer that I need to go shopping to spice up my wardrobe. I don't usually buy a lot of things but enough to spruce myself up a bit. Of course there are certain types of clothes I would never wear regardless of whether they are considered 'trendy' this season, because they just wouldn't suit me or I don't think they look good. But there's nothing wrong with following trends as long as you spend within your means and pick styles that flatter you.

And of course like any respectable woman, I love me some shoes. I am loving having to dress up more for uni these days with working at the psych clinic - I can indulge my love of frivolous high heels without knowing I have nowhere to wear them.