Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 09:16 PM   #1
Howie

Hi,
I installed the game and ran it a bit. When I tried to change the resolution thru the game options menu to 800X600 I could no longer boot into the game!! I would just get a black screen. Called tech support who tried a few solutions none of which worked. With the game installed I had several problems with my computer in general. I could not even run the DXDIAG program that tech support asked me to run!!
I've got a P3 850 with 512 meg of RAM. A Matrox G-400, Tyan MB 1854, 3 9.1 gig IBM SCSI HDs. Plextor UltraMax SCSI reader.
The techie told me that they are getting lots of calls with similar problems caused by the game. It seems to screw up other programs as well.
It is sad that the game was so poorly play-tested. Besides all the in-game bugs folks complain about there are the more serious issues such as mine. The game seemed like great fun but appears to have been rushed 'out the door'.
The computer problems went away when I uninstalled the game. (I could boot immediately into dxdiag etc.) Tech support asked for a copy of the report.
I have lotsa other games and had NO problems running any of them!!
How

Old 10-19-2000, 12:15 AM   #2
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The problems seem to only affect a few systems. That's not unusual; most games go through the same thing. Deus Ex went through it just a few months ago.

I've had no problems with W&W what so ever. No crashes and no affect on any other programs.

Sorry you can't play - this game is definitely "the bomb."
Old 10-19-2000, 07:35 AM   #3
Moriarty_Canoe_God

the only bug I have had with the game is when I try using the gold cheat by creating characters in town and pooling gold, after about 5 times of doing it the game crashes to the desktop. Other than that it seems to be a very bug free game as far as I've seen

Old 10-26-2000, 10:00 AM   #4
Fanti

Hi ! I got this problem too. I solved it by deleting a file (can't remember which one it was, but it was created AFTER the install of W&W - so just look at date and time of the files). It seems, it is created always the default options of the program are changed.