Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-20-2001, 09:40 AM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Hi all,

Been gone for a while at Debate Nationals (my student made about the top 60). And since I've been back I've been trying to catch up on quality time with my family.

Enough chit-chat. Has anyone seen the Atlantis movie? I've always been fascinated by the story, even reading Plato's version when in 6th grade (many a moon ago). I've seen commercials for it and read a review or two, but I want to know what y'all think.

Is it violent? I want to take my 4 year old son. To put this into perspective, he liked Shrek, but freaked out at the fire-breathing dragon (real tears and all). However, he loves Star Wars and sees nothing wrong with lightsabers cutting people in half. I don't fully understand what freaks him out and what doesn't, but hopefully this gives you a bit of perspective from where I'm coming.

Is it good? Our family rents videos on quite a few occasions. Should I wait for it to come out on video?

Any advice or criticism would be helpful. Thanks.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:01 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Welcome back Father Bronze and congrats to your student!

I have not seen the Atlantis movie, and I think I will wait until it is out on video. Like you, I have been fascinated with the story of Atlantis for quite some time. However, after seeing the trailer for the movie, I think it will be quite a disappointment for anyone who has the smallest clue about what Atlantis really was (i.e. anybody over 10yrs old). It looks to be an animated star wars movie that takes place underwater

If you do go see it, please post here to let us know what you thought about it!

------------------

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:40 PM   #3
Conan

Hi Father Bronze, i haven't seen but preveiws of this but looks like alot of action to me. If you think the Little Mermaid was rough this one will be worse. I am repling to your thread also about a question you asked me awhile back.About Wiring..I consulted an electrican and he said that unless your having problems with your breakers or something that you could put self-grounding outlets in your house. They are easy to install. I hope this helped a little.
Conan (ps..good going!)

------------------

Old 06-20-2001, 04:31 PM   #4
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Surprised no one has seen it yet. I haven't either, but my sister has and she liked it alot. She is 16, and lacks taste in my opinion, but everything I have seen indicates that it is a good movie.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-20-2001, 09:05 PM   #5
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

My 13 year old son went yesterday. He said the theater was full of very small kids who were annoying .. but his comment was, "It's just a poor copy of 'Road to Eldorado'"

Don't know if that means anything to you or not.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-20-2001, 09:12 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I have yet to see it but a friend of mine saw it yesterday and he said it was kind of dumb, but then he's 15 and likes anime so that might influence his perspective. I think I'll wait for it to come out on video myself.

-Jafin

------------------

I am Jafin, arch-mage and member of the HADB clan!