Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Ooookie Doke guys and gals, I thought it was time for a new topic. So I got to thinking.. Im going to want to travel REAL soon... For the more... ahem... "life experienced" members out here (older [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), who HAVE travelled, where would you recommend.

Im thinking Id like to do Germany. Mainly because they have a completely different culture to us OZZIES, but then again, I suppose that could be said for anything. Im not much into scenery.. if I wanted that I'd fly next door and go to NZ and see sheep and lovely mountains.. blah blah blah. More into places with good people, excitement, things happening. OKTOBERFEST! (for example). I find it absolutely amazing just how long I can crap on about any particular subject, this one just randomly popped in my head. But hey, lets hope it becomes interesting.

Heh, recommendations outside of Australia would be best, k?

-Dave, the wannabe traveller.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:41 AM   #2
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Germany would be awesome for you, my hot lover Lars (sorry, that was below the belt). Seriously though, if you're into beer and sausages, it would be a good idea to stop by. Pretty much all of Europe is great fun - I would also absolutely recommend Spain. It's one non-stop party, and all about cheap sex and alcohol. That makes it a number-one holiday destination for shallow assholes like myself.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:45 AM   #3
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

LOL I have heard Germany is full of twinks, one of the very appealing aspects of the place. LOL I dont think I truly understand your "hot lover Lars" comment... so, please explain it so I can

a) get offended [img]tongue.gif[/img]
b) come back with an appropriate witty retort

Spain is good, eh? And never fear, I think I also fit into the description you described for Spain to be a number one holiday destination
Old 09-10-2004, 01:07 AM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Spain (at least the south & east coasts) is an absolutely non-stop party. I'd vote for Mallorca (one of Spain's Balearic Islands, off the east coast near Valencia) for amazing chicks and the best beaches I've ever seen...

Of course, London's a fun city, as far as cities go. If you're seriously uncomfortable in other languages, you can have a blast there for at least a week...

Now, that said, I think you should consider making the trip to America. We've got all sorts of fun stuff if you've never been here -- I'm sure everyone will throw in a pitch for their state/region, but I'm fond of New England and most of California. Boston's my favorite town, followed by San Francisco.

Of course, there's always vending machine beer in Japan!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:13 AM   #5
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
if I wanted that I'd fly next door and go to NZ and see sheep and lovely mountains.. blah blah blah.
Plus, it's not *really* overseas is it. You may as well go to Tasmania!

Anyway, I recently did a flying visit through Paris, Rome, Florence, London and Stirling (but don't go there ). Paris was especially lovely. As long as you don't take too much luggage (it's a bitch to carry round [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] ) I would recommend going to a number of different countries/cities if you are doing Europe, rather than just one place the whole time. It's such a long long way from Australia that you need to make the most of it and see as much as you can. As much fun and relaxment as going to Ibiza or something would be, I think that's more feasible for someone who is actually in Europe, not taking a 25 hour trip from Australia. Plan a blitz and organise it down to the last microsecond and you'll have a blast [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-10-2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 09-10-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No advice for you here. Just wanted to say I am jelous, and have fun!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

As a youngster, Oktoberfest was the blast. However, last year the final tally was somewhere over 2mill attendees. That's a lot of folks in one area, but it is a rememberance of a lifetime.
Berlin is also a party place, as is Hamberg, and a few others I can't recall.

Spain, in the summer is nothing but was has been posted. Not sure what it would be like too much later from now.

The Dutch have it going on also. Then there's the French Riveria. Ah heck, just about anywhere in Europe. I've partyed with some Russians, but I've never been there, one needs a tolerance for the hard stuuf to hang with them thou.

Do the dart on the world map thing and go!

I've never been but my brother has, and I'm jealous. Greece, he said it was a blast! Uzo, Uzo, pass the Uzzzoooo zzzzzzzzz!

[ 09-10-2004, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #8
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

[img]graemlins/Bump.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2004, 04:28 AM   #9
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I would recommend New Zealand... I haven't exactly been there but I have seen lots of documentaries on New Zealand and it's a beautiful place.
Full of wonderful nature...but yet still populated by many people.
There are lots of places to go in New Zealand like the hot water springs and the active volcanoe. There are also places where you can go to experience the native new zealand life.
It's a wonderful place and I know I would love to go there.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."