Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2004, 10:21 PM   #161
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

my husband used to work at a place called FLorida drum, and he worked anywhere from 100-120 hours a week :/ that of course was before I met the lazy bum seriously though, just before he got fired from this job, he was pulling a go to work at 3 am, come home at around 9 to 10, go back at 2 pm, come home around 4 or 5, go back to work around 7 or 8 pm, then come home anywhere from midnight to 2 am :/ and that was if his boss decided to let him come home, sometimes I did not see him until he came home on break so he was averaging anywhere from 90 hours up to 130 hours, at one point in time he had 150 hours, and we never saw each other

oh and sorry too Dave, it seems we have derailed your topic again
Old 09-13-2004, 10:25 PM   #162
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
oh and sorry too Dave, it seems we have derailed your topic again [/QB]
Like I care

And just reiterating (sp?) what I said earlier... this thread has pretty much turned into a "daves lounge" much like Cloudy's cafe.

Basically its a place to just debate stuff that isnt necessarily worth starting a thread on. ITS ALL ABOUT TANGENTS BABY.

All: take this thread where you want to (as long as the moderators allow, of course). Itd be better to get discussions going rather than just simple one line statements though, so choose something 'semi interesting' at least.

-Dave the quack.

P.s (Cloudy, if there are issues with this type of post, PM me and we will chat about it and maybe even do the "bonding" thing lol. love dave)

[ 09-13-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Dave_the_quack ]
Old 09-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #163
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

umm, I think the oneliners stopped awhile back sweety and I thought we were having an interesting convo on work and the lack of sleep I mean not very many people talk about the lack of sleep because of choc work.....

edit hey what do you know...Cloudy you should be proud, I did a tag and di it right the first time

[ 09-13-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 09-13-2004, 10:33 PM   #164
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Cool Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
umm, I think the oneliners stopped awhile back sweety and I thought we were having an interesting convo on work and the lack of sleep I mean not very many people talk about the lack of sleep because of choc work.....

edit hey what do you know...Cloudy you should be proud, I did a tag and did it right the first time
First up, what is a tag? Man im still a newbie.

Secondly, I now know to shut the hell up about having to do a 72hour week once per month. A 170 hour week, well... Id just die. But every teen needs at least 15 hours sleep a day to function at proper level heh [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And my 72 hour week isnt exactly physically laborious. I do "monitoring", and if anyone else has done that here, they know it means watching movies and playing monopoly with colleagues
Old 09-13-2004, 10:33 PM   #165
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
quote:
Originally posted by Lauren:
anyone willing to give me a job send me an e-mail!
If you'd be willing to move to America... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm John, 21 year old (kind of)single college student.
[/QUOTE]Heh Heh... I would move to america but there are a few problems:
1. I don't have any money
2. Parents won't let me go by myself
3. I have no skills
Ah well looks like unemployment for the rest of my life.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 09-13-2004, 10:38 PM   #166
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

<*s>this<*/s> is a tag, but with out the * in it, I have been forgetting to either close them, or miss up and do it wrong I guess it is sleep depravation making forget how to do it
oh and quotes and other types of things, but that was what I used that made the choc

[ 09-13-2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 09-14-2004, 12:04 AM   #167
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

I see stormy... thanks a bunch

Learning is fun. Problems at work.. bah. Does Dave still have a position in TAB Limited? Only time will tell. *in yoda voice* Regular updates you all will have...