Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 01:12 PM   #21
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
There you go, Saz, is that better? I personally have not begun to vent, and think that we should indulge in some old-fashioned, good old American name calling and finger pointing, these criminals have forsaken the common courtesy due another human being. Why you insist on politeness for these degenerate jihad jerks is beyond me, but since I am unable to precisely express myself under your gag order, and it was no mistake the words i used, I must resort to milquetoast alliterations.

That's ok. The words are still there in his post, at least they aren't yours now.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 01:20 PM   #22
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks, Tobbin, you are right. I will accept even symbolic victory at this juncture - it will not satisfy me for long.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-16-2001, 01:32 PM   #23
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
There you go, Saz, is that better? I personally have not begun to vent, and think that we should indulge in some old-fashioned, good old American name calling and finger pointing,
which is undoubtedly why America has the reputation it does in certain circles...

Quote:
these criminals have forsaken the common courtesy due another human being. Why you insist on politeness for these degenerate jihad jerks is beyond me, but since I am unable to precisely express myself under your gag order, and it was no mistake the words i used, I must resort to milquetoast alliterations.

My complaint was not against being rude to the "jihad jerks". My complaint is against this rudeness being applied as a blanket statement to a race of people rather than to individuals in the use of racial stereotypes and prejudicial terms. Right now, American people of arabic descent are being persecuted, assaulted, their homes vandalized, their places of worship desecrated, because certain individuals here see no problem in countering terrorism with terrorism and applying it to a race of people rather than those who perpetrated the abomination in the first place. We do NOT need this here at IW, even in a verbal form.

I am all for venting and getting the anger and frustration out. It can also be done without racial perjoratives, or resorting to "milquetoast alliterations."

Thank you for editing your post.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 07:44 PM   #24
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Bump for free speech, I believe it is buried in our constitution, the same document those ragheads want to obliterate, or worse, make US as a people change so that political correctness can reign. This is war, and if you can't stand the verbiage, stay the heck out of the conversation.

------------------

To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy. Nuke'm til the damn camels glow.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:48 PM   #25
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

you have a right to an opinion. You also (in your american country) the right to be armed. You also have the right to remain silent; hopefully yu didnt hear that right too often........

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Co-owner of The Abyssal Pit
The Spaminyte Emperor
Official Demon/Villain of IW!
Fish? Welcome to your Doom!

Old 09-16-2001, 08:13 PM   #26
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

no, I only heard "You have the right to remain silent" a few times in my life, they have made me all the more vociferously vocal. I believe it is covered under the break eggs to make omelets category

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #27
MagiK

Answers to 1 and 2 obviously NONE

And there really inst any reason to. Lets look at this, IF the airlines had actually been as diligent as those in Europe and other countries none of this could have happened. All it would have take to prevent this is an Air Marshal with a loaded Glock. All it owuld have taken was a secure door between the pilots and the pasengers. Can anyone tell me the need for pilots to be accessible from the cabin? Yes this doesnt address other types of attacks, but it sure owuld be a fix for hijackings of air planes.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:28 PM   #28
MagiK

In response to some european residents comment, criticising the right to bear arms in the US. Well lets see Australia banned all firearms I believe and the last I heard from down under, crime rates are still going up. Europe doesn't allow handguns and yet somehow you do seem to have a lot of annual terrorist bombings...so I see that having handguns banned sure hasn't helped anywhere that it has been implemented yet. (Im talking in western cultures here so don't bring up the lower south west of malasia)

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:30 PM   #29
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Just out of interest, that phrase 'Give me convenience or give me death' that you quote there is actually the title of a Dead Kennedy's album - produced in the 80s, I believe. Some of the other songs are California Uber Alles and Holiday in Cambodia.

DK One of my favorite punk bands!!! they just rereleased their whole catalog, including a new( previously unavailable) live one. They inspired the little saying in my post.

Old 09-16-2001, 08:59 PM   #30
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
My complaint was not against being rude to the "jihad jerks". My complaint is against this rudeness being applied as a blanket statement to a race of people rather than to individuals in the use of racial stereotypes and prejudicial terms. Right now, American people of arabic descent are being persecuted, assaulted, their homes vandalized, their places of worship desecrated, because certain individuals here see no problem in countering terrorism with terrorism and applying it to a race of people rather than those who perpetrated the abomination in the first place. We do NOT need this here at IW, even in a verbal form.

I am all for venting and getting the anger and frustration out. It can also be done without racial perjoratives, or resorting to "milquetoast alliterations."

Thank you for editing your post.

Look, Saz, you have not seen alot of my postings, as you came on board about the same time summer revved up for me. I am the absolute soul of reason, and demand provable facts for any argument. This is not an argument. I am being outspoken and written in defense of my country and in attack of those perverted poultry palpitators who perpetrated these acts. It IS an easily identifiable, religous/politically motivated minority of an ethnic group who has done this. My rage, disdain, and contempt rain down upon them and the people who accepted them as neighbors, friends, allies, and gave them economic and geographical succor. They are all islamic jihad freaks. Before eliminating my post, why did you not inquire as to whether or not I was bombing mosques or attacking those americans who just happened to 'look' like the ragheads who attacked us and caused more innocent civilian casualties than any other country or force in our countries' history? If raghead is an ethnic pejoritive, then I say it FITS. I wholeheartedly condemn those &*sholes of the same ethnic persuasion who sat by and snickered when the marine barracks were bombed in '83, the achille lauro hijacked, the berlin disco bombed, and all the other outrages. If they do not want to be called, or grouped with, RAGHEADS, then I suggest they better damn well speak up and show not only their support for the country and the government they live in, but absolute and utter condemnation for those they have tacitly supported through the years. CAMEL KISSING RAGHEADS!!! I mean every inch of it. You may not have lost a relative in the towers like I did Saz, but I find your condemnation of me and my right to free political speech anathema to not only the values on which our country was founded, but this board also. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you and Dan, but do not for a moment forget we are at WAR, dammit, so at least act like it.

------------------