Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 07:19 AM   #1
suttle
Dungeon Master

when I play the game the sound sometimes goes crackly can someone please tell me why it does that?
my computer spercs are as follows:-
a 2ghz processor,a 40GB hard drive, a 48x rewriter, a sound card that plays music perfectly, 312mb of kingston ram, a good processor fan, a geforce 4 64 mb, and a stylish case that helps air get into the case.I am also using windows 98se or windows me.
(I am not trying to bragg about my computer parts but I thought computer specs might help someone/some people try to diagnose the problem)
Also I recently used the the IWD 2 ingame repair tool located in game add/ remove options and I found the game added some new parts like extra charactor portraits.
I hope the information above helps someone/people diagnose the problem.
suttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
(I am not trying to bragg about my computer parts but I thought computer specs might help someone/some people try to diagnose the problem)
... then you might wanna add what soundcard you're using [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... they affect more than you'd think (Soundblaster Live was what made Morrowind lag at my comp o.O... as your prob actually concerns sound, chances for soundcard-issue are quite big I'd say).
Anyways... should try upgrading various drivers'n all that stuff.
Old 04-16-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I had this problem in some other games

try going to dxdiag and changing the hardware sound acceleration level to 'none'
Old 04-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Both above statements are good. I have a third to offer. This may be the longest shot of them all, but I used to have Win98, then upgraded to 98SE. My games would occasionally crack like you mentioned. When I upgraded to WinXP (Clean install)...I regained perfect sound. I am not sure what happened, so I hesitate to say that the OS had anything to do with it...but it might.