Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-24-2001, 12:57 AM   #11
Waluin

Ok, I did a varation of what you did and others.

First off, I summoned my 5 creatures (mainly level IIs) and lured the all (apparently the fighters AND the mage are lured) them into the middle ground just outside where the solamnics are. Then, I sent in one more shipment of creatures to soften em up, but mainly to get bearings of where they were. (I creeped in while in shadows to get a semi-accurate approximation.

Once I knew I was close, I let Aerie creep in and friggin' carpet bomb the area with silence. On the second volly, fortunately, the halfling mage must have rolled badly because he succombed.

Bingo. Time to move in.

Due to the fact I do not have the cleric fellow on-staff yet, I basically put myself, a dual magic sword user, and V, a dual Katana user, in the front and marched up. (with 4 animal summing II creatures backing me up, heh heh). Oh, and offensive spin was *on*

Oh course, the halfling mage crapped a brick and put up some kind of halfhearted shield thingy, but couldnt muster anything else. I had Jaheira insect him with the higher-level version for good measure. Unfortunately, due to the significant prowess of the halfling warriors, whom I horribly understimated, the whole thing turned into a badly organized grand melee. For a minute or two I thought I was a goner, but I had Jaheira cast two summoning I spells. The 4 wolves kept at the mage while my troops tried to rally.

During this, unfortunately, Aerie got hurt pretty bad, and this is after she and Misc had their 'new witch' agreement. I'm seeing Misnc start to panic, and start freaking out, because I *dont* need him going berzerk on me with everyone hurt as much as they are.

Of course, she dies, and Minsc goes nuts. He's got a rather potent magic two-handed sword, so he pretty much cleaves his way through the opposition. In the process he nearly cleves me down, but the only casualty was Aerie as the wolves ironically took care of whatever the mage had left to offer.

One rest and a Harper's Call later, I was back in business and a few fights wiser.

Yay!

If I get stuck anywhere else, and odds are I am, I know where to go

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 02:45 AM   #12
vesselle
Hathor

~waluin~
good work!
it just keeps getting better from thereon in and with creative strategies you're in for a great time. *lol*
so keep at it and have fun!
i would love to hear how you do the end of this quest.

V***V

[This message has been edited by vesselle (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 03:12 AM   #13
Sigmar
Unicorn

He may have a bit of trouble towards the end.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 06-24-2001, 03:27 AM   #14
bogong
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry about the Fire elemental summoning - most of my group is 10-11 except for Jaheira (10fighter/12druid after coming back from that secret Harper business.)

Another tactic is to have Yoshimo set some traps and the lure the halfings across them. Actually its good to set some traps in monster areas when trying to rest as the traps can damage or kill monsters that disturb your rest.

Does anyone know what range his traps have as they sometimes seem to damage creatures some distance way?
Old 06-24-2001, 09:50 AM   #15
Waluin

Ves: I'll be sure to tell you! I hope I can make it

Bog: No worries! She just leveled for me in the furnace room, so I've been summoning fire elementals like mad!

Oh, by the way, a fantastic combo: Jaheira summons a fire elemental, then I Aerie cast Champion and Haste on it. Of course, she's locked in place for the time being concentrating on keeping it up, but it simply rocks.
Old 06-24-2001, 04:30 PM   #16
Waluin

Don't tell me that little fight with Lavok was all he had to muster? Sheesh! I just pasted him with miscast magic, some insect spells, and lots of magical protection buster spells, sent in my melee and he crumpled like a cake.

Well, it wasn't instaneous or anything, but it was a bit easier than that stupid halfling mage. Go fig

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 06-24-2001).]