Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-15-2001, 12:19 AM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I have been wonmdering this for quite sometime, most people here dont claim to be 'agest' but think about it.

Most of my friends are much older then me, So think about it.

If a 13 year old kid with curly shoulder length blond hair wearing a black sabbath t-shirt (me) and started talking to you, would you really call him a friend?

I mean I am not critizing anyone here, and I am gald my friends do call me friends.

But I was just pondering on how much the internet can change realastion ships based on looks and age.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:53 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Age, no. I base my friendships on the amount of typos a person makes j/k

Seriously, of course the internet makes a difference. I can't say I've got any teenage friends in real life, but that's because I don't come in contact with any, not because I wouldn't want to be friends with them. I truly can't think where I would come across one where they would start talking to me. But if I did, I doubt I'd disregard them as a potential friend just because of their age (probably the black sabbath shirt would do it ). But here I'm proud to call younger, and older people my friends, friends I couldn't have made without the internet.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:56 AM   #3
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

It depends, I think, on how somebody presents themselves. I am a firm believer in "a first impression is a lasting impression". So I guess that, depending on how you approached me to talk to me, might predjudice my view.

I'm not saying that I would hold you to the first impression tho, because I'm not that type of person, but I will always have that first impression in the back of my head.

I'm guessing that these views, were bestowed on me by my parents(about the first impressions and all).

So I guess in answer to the question is: No, I am not an agest. The reason I say that is because I have met some people my age that are jerks...... And I have met some very mature teens......So there...my $.02

You Can Not Hide
Old 11-15-2001, 08:19 AM   #4
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

I don't really care about my friend's age.I choose people by their personalities. For example, I am 13 and some of my friends believe that I talk like a wise man!
Old 11-15-2001, 09:11 AM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Age dosen't really matter to me, maturity does though, if a 14 year old came up to me and started acting "cool" and crap like that, no way, but if a 12 year old kid came up to me and was mature enough to be mistaken for a 24 year old then I'd be happy to have hime as a friend, never knew you were 13 years old GR, you seem mature enough to be 20, at least, that's the impression that I've got.

Most of my friends are older than me as well and those few that are not have the maturity to be mistaken for someone older than me(I'm 15 years old btw.).
Old 11-15-2001, 09:23 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Age, no. I base my friendships on the amount of typos a person makes j/k

Looks like I better find a spell checker, or perhaps a copywriter . I hear what you're saying GR, there are no prejudgements or subliminal preferences to interfere when you meet someone on the net. I'm sure many potential RL friendships fail at first contact because of these factors. I don't see myself as agist, but your average 13 year old, curly headed Black Sabbath tee-shirt wearer would surprise me I guess. Depended what he talked about of course - if he wanted to talk about RPG's or sport, then I am just a big kid at heart anyway.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:40 PM   #7
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well if you came up in your black sabbath T-Shirt, then I probably would think of you as a possible friend, especially since there would be a chance I was wearing mine, but then I'm not many years older than you anyway.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:41 PM   #8
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Black Sabbth rule!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

(he he..love that one [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ..)

juat wanted to say that...
Old 11-15-2001, 04:12 PM   #9
Sorcerer Alex

I am reasonably guilty here, I suppose. Not that I would discriminate anyone because of their age, but I do have a different approach to people, depending on how old they are. What I say to someone has a lot to do with their age, because I try and project myself into their age group, to make that particular person feel at ease. It's not like I would go up to a thirteen year old and say 'yo man, what's da deal ma nigga?' or anything stupid like that, but I would adapt myself accordingly.

I think everyone does this, albeit subconsciously [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2001, 04:22 PM   #10
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
I have been wonmdering this for quite sometime, most people here dont claim to be 'agest' but think about it.

Most of my friends are much older then me, So think about it.

If a 13 year old kid with curly shoulder length blond hair wearing a black sabbath t-shirt (me) and started talking to you, would you really call him a friend?

I mean I am not critizing anyone here, and I am gald my friends do call me friends.

But I was just pondering on how much the internet can change realastion ships based on looks and age.

Im 13 too, and i like rock music, so i think we'd get along well!