Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-19-2001, 01:07 PM   #1
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I have too many weapons and would like some help selecting what to keep and what to sell or store for later.
My party as of now is Me(fighter), Minsc, Keldorn, Jaheira, Nalia, Aerie
My fighter has proficencies of Mace+++ and Axe+++ and sword/shield style++
The weapons I have are as follows:
Azuredge, Celestial Fury, Battle Axe +2, Hammer of Thunderbolts, Adjatha the Drinker, Mace +2, Flail of Ages, Heart Seeker Bow, Lilarcor, Hallowed Redeemer, Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy, Scimitar +2 (Rashad's talon), Sling +3 (Dragonsbane), Daystar, Lightcrossbow of speed, Maulers Arm (Mace +2), Sling of seeking, Cleric's staff +3, Staff of T&L, Flame tongue, Dragonsbane Halberd
WHAT DO I DO????? So many weapons, so few weapon slots!
If you have any advice on any of these weapons (i.e. xxxxxx sucks....sell it) please help. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2001, 01:22 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Since you have proficiencies in axe, Azuredge would seem to be the best wepon for you. But if you could ever put any points into warhammer or Katana do it because Celestial fury and Hammer of thunderbolts (along with a few other items) are possibly the best wepons in the game!

If i was you i would try to give the wepons to your other party members according to their proficencies and then sell off what you arent skilled in.

Try giving the staff of T&L to Jaheria, along with the scrimatar +2.
Minsc= Lichahor
Keldorn= hallowed redeemer
Nalia= crossbow of speed + clerics staff
Arie= Maulers arm (or possibly hammer of thunderbolts) + sling +3

And sell the others....

Well, thats what I would do.... suggestions others?
Old 02-19-2001, 01:25 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

WARNING......MIGHT CONTAIN SPOILERS AHEAD:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Just suggestions:
1) Minsc - Lilarcor, Heart Seeker Bow
2) Keldorn - Hallowed Redeemer (until you get Holy Avenger), Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy
3) Jaheria - Rashad's Talon, note: also try to find her a club like the Blackblood and a good shield
4) Aerie - Sling of seeking, Cleric's Staff (until you find better)
5) Nalia - .......hopefully you have a good short bow, and try to have a short sword for close encounter
6) Last but not least...you - Try to get proficiencies for long swords and/or katanas when you level up. But for now, use Azureedge (provided you are "good" aligned), maybe you should try to get Stonefire (battle axe) or Frost Reaver (battle axe), and keep Maulers Arms for now. Have Daystar in one of the weapon slots even though you don't use it since the "Sunray" ability really helps. Also keep Celestial Fury and Flail of Ages, they will come in handy.
As for the remaining inventory, Hammer of Thunderbolts should be reserved for Crom Faeyr, and once your character can properly use long swords and/or katanas, have Minsc dual weild maces (you will get better maces as the game proceed).
As for the rest, bring it to a shop and try to fetch some gold with it.