Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Who's in your party?

I feel like I don't want to kick anyone from my party because of their storyline but unfortunately we can only have 4 in the group including the MC so I have me (human rogue - melee, Alastair - tank, Morrigan - caster, Lelianna - ranged rogue). I currently have on the bench Sten (qunari warrior) and Apocalypse my war dog who does a shitload of damage but doesn't speak hence his being demoted.

So who do you have on your team?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Default Re: Who's in your party?

Me Human Nobel Rogue, Morigan, Wynne, Lelianna

Thats my standard mob wipe out crew.
For Bosses like Dragons, Revenants and Kangax
I use The Golem, and one of the other fighters with Wynne
acting as a buffer/healer with only occasion casts to do damage.

I also built Wynne out to have all of the Fire Spells so she can wipe out hoards all by her self with the firestorm and the Glyph Bomb... (the combo that paralyzes large groups for long periods)
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Take the dog more. You're missing out on some funny dialogs, and be sure to talk to him in camp.

I'm trying to be a bit more flexible with party make ups now though. I have a tendency to stick with Alistair, Morrigan, and Lelianna. If you have Shale, you should definitely take him to the mage tower early. Ohgren has some interesting dialog, once you get that far, Orzammar. I tend to do that last as I have a hard with one particular encounter early. Pay close attention to Landmarks while you have the dog.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Ive got a dual-welding silvertongued city elf rogue who travels with Alastair & Morrigan. For the fourth I've been switching out Sten and the Dog, they both have hilarious dialouges.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I have two games going -

The angels.
Me as mage - Alistair as tank - Wynne as healer - Leliana as ranged.

The Demons.
Me as rogue - Shale as tank - Morrigan as mage/heal - Boo as my doggy
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK View Post
Me Human Nobel Rogue, Morigan, Wynne, Lelianna

Thats my standard mob wipe out crew.
For Bosses like Dragons, Revenants and Kangax
I use The Golem, and one of the other fighters with Wynne
acting as a buffer/healer with only occasion casts to do damage.

I also built Wynne out to have all of the Fire Spells so she can wipe out hoards all by her self with the firestorm and the Glyph Bomb... (the combo that paralyzes large groups for long periods)

Who's your tank? I guess you're tanking it as the rogue?

Old 11-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
Who's your tank? I guess you're tanking it as the rogue?
In my experience, with two mages you don't even *need* a tank. You have so many ways to crowd control a mob that your rogues are really just on cleanup duty.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrvias View Post
In my experience, with two mages you don't even *need* a tank. You have so many ways to crowd control a mob that your rogues are really just on cleanup duty.
Hmm. Maybe because my group is only level 9, my 2 mages don't seem to be doing very much. That said, I'm mainly using tactics instead of micromanaging them - it's a major pain to micromanage using the PS3.

Old 11-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Actually as a shapeshifter Morrigan can go *bear* and maul the "&%/ out of people - somebody at Bioware took a look at WoW and decided to make Morrigan into a hybrid of a drood ( druid ) and a mage ( lady wielding the arts )
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
Actually as a shapeshifter Morrigan can go *bear* and maul the "&%/ out of people - somebody at Bioware took a look at WoW and decided to make Morrigan into a hybrid of a drood ( druid ) and a mage ( lady wielding the arts )
Yes, it's kinda like an offline WoW in a way, with tons more SP content.