Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 04:59 AM   #31
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:

What do I think of Moore? Who cares? I just enjoy standing back watching the right-wingers frothing at the mouth and knotting their knickers before they settle back in a sofa and switch on the Fox 'news'

Some people struggle to comprehend the concept of irony
LOL - and you got Faux News in as well [img]smile.gif[/img] That is triple letter value on the frothing, double word score on the knockers - sorry - knickers, and triple word score on the Faux propoganda reference. I would love to pay a bonus on the ironical irony reference, but I am not sure the rules of subtitle allows it without a pastry convened sub-committee

Edited to remove Morgie's post. It was nested when I quoted Wellard but removed the nesting to show that I was cheeringly amused by Wellard's words in a general sense only.

[ 06-24-2005, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 06-24-2005, 05:23 AM   #32
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
You're a sweetheart Wendy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
ROFLALWP - I can't stop laughing - something about that right wing knickers reference is eating at me
Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 AM   #33
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I think when everyone here is posting, no matter what the topic is, you have to remember that there are tons of members here from all over the world, and all shapes and sizes, beliefs, etc.etc. etc. Using any sentence that seems to mock being "fat" will never go over well here, just as mocking being skinny, or anything else physical.
I'm 5'8" 265lbs (120KG) which is rather... large myself, being a member of similar... girth... I understand parhaps better than many members the challenges of being overweight, and in the same breath that I'm poking fun at Moore's weight, I'm also poking fun at my own.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:46 PM   #34
Zebodog

It's rather interesting to see how people view him, and slam him because he exercises his right to freedom of speech.

I suppose I should end this now, and possible move it to the Current Events forum.

Could a moderator either move this to a more appropriate venue or close it all together?

[ 06-24-2005, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Zebodog ]
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 08:30 AM   #35
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:
It's rather interesting to see how people view him, and slam him because he exercises his right to freedom of speech.

I suppose I should end this now, and possible move it to the Current Events forum.

Could a moderator either move this to a more appropriate venue or close it all together?
Did you not ask for 'direct' opinion of him?
Are you one of his croonies, and know you feel ashamed?

Basically, if you don't want to really know something, don't ask!

This is no-where near anything that should be in the CE forum.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote